"Prisoners of Gravity"

Ryujin

Legend
I mentioned this in another thread, but thought that it might be an interesting time capsule of genre media for those who haven't seen it. And I have no reason to believe that more than a handful of you would ever have seen "Prisoners of Gravity", because as far as I know it was only ever shown on an obscure cable channel in Ontario, Canada. The conceit is that "Commander Rick", having grown tired of his life on Earth, blasts himself into space in his car/rocket. From a station up there he hosts his show. There are interviews with plenty of legends of SF/Fantasy/comics on the show. I just found a Youtube channel that seems to have all of the episodes, so thought that I'd share.

EDIT - Blast it! I linked the video stream and it came up as unavailable. You can find it if you search for Teddog3000 on Youtube.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I discovered Prisoners of Gravity on YouTube a few years ago through an interview with various writers on the topic of Utopia. It looked like my kind of show. For some reason the line that stuck out was from Alan Moore. "Utopia, if it's going to be anything, is going to be a verb rather than a noun. Utopia is not a state that you achieve. Utopia has got to be the journey towards that state. If you ever arrive at that state of perfection, then you've reached death and stagnation."

Ryujin

Legend
I discovered Prisoners of Gravity on YouTube a few years ago through an interview with various writers on the topic of Utopia. It looked like my kind of show. For some reason the line that stuck out was from Alan Moore. "Utopia, if it's going to be anything, is going to be a verb rather than a noun. Utopia is not a state that you achieve. Utopia has got to be the journey towards that state. If you ever arrive at that state of perfection, then you've reached death and stagnation."
The host of the show, Rick Green, was part of the Canadian TV comedy troupe "The Frantics" and was on "The Red Green Show."

Remove ads