• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Professor/Leadership

DiFier

First Post
one of my charachters, Di'Fier is currentlly a 15th level Fighter1/Wizard6/Eldrigth Knight2/Spellsword6. We have decieded that he is the only spell sword in the world. He discovered the abilities by trying copy the elven blade singers which are famous (legends) but extremely rare. during his research he discovered that he couldn't do what the bladesingers could do but found his own abilities. He is thinking about starting a school to teach his abilities.

My question is how would you do rules for the school. I have quitessencial wizard and there are rules for apprentices similar to the leadership feat but they only go up to 4th level I was thinking that Di'fier would be teaching a 1 or 2 people to be spellswords and a bunch of low level fighter/wizards to be better at combining their two tallents. The 1 or 2 spellsword students would aslo be teaching the low level students.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

thanks

Gez

First Post
Taking Leadership would give you a high-level cohort that could be this other spellsword, and a bunch of low-level warriors. You could try to change that to two (lower level) cohorts (max level would be three below your own, instead of 1 below) and a bunch of apprentice level fighter/wiz. With the caveat that you would not be able to treat the apprentices as followers (they'll want to stay at the academy, not follow you around, works as servants, and, ahem, "delay" the monsters). Only exceptionally would they fill any useful purpose (like, if the academy is attacked, they would help defend it).

DiFier

First Post
Gez said:
Taking Leadership would give you a high-level cohort that could be this other spellsword, and a bunch of low-level warriors. You could try to change that to two (lower level) cohorts (max level would be three below your own, instead of 1 below) and a bunch of apprentice level fighter/wiz. With the caveat that you would not be able to treat the apprentices as followers (they'll want to stay at the academy, not follow you around, works as servants, and, ahem, "delay" the monsters). Only exceptionally would they fill any useful purpose (like, if the academy is attacked, they would help defend it).

He already has leadership. His current followers are his Barrony's Militia. I was thinking something similar to what you suggested tho. except using the Quint wiz numbers and not having the 1st level apprentices and having 2 professors/high level students but with out the bonuses of having apprentices like having them make magic items for him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads