• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #1)

The Minotaur

First Post
Looking at Neutron as he stands upright, the Minotuar gives a quiet laugh as he rubs his hands together and then looks at Kiro.

"You win Samurai, lets go see what the others are up to," he says to Kiro as he starts towards the house. As he's walking away he turns to Jersey Devil to say, "I think your friend is hurt... Let it be known next time you guys get in my way, you won't be so lucky."

Minotaur gives a grunt, then races towards the house.

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
He sees Tyroc holding Sandstone's body aloft. Rolling his eyes, he says, "You win, we're leaving, let her go."
"Brother, you have got to be kidding me. I'm spose ta take your word on this?" he says, backing away a few steps quickly. He raises Sandstone and pulls her back along as he moves. "Wanna convince me; bugger off. I'll even drop her at a hospital or clinic, as opposed to just droppin' her." His force flickers about him as he retreats to the side of the house.

Mimic

First Post
Miguel shrugs nonchalantly, dropping Sandstone's voice.

Can't blame a hombre for trying, like I am going to walk up to you three without trying to have a couple of cards up my sleeve.

He will glance quickly over towards Sam.

You ok Sam? Can you go see if Jaya's family has any medical supplies also see if anyone has any medical experience, seeing that the only one that has any medical knowledge is having difficulty staying awake. Shooting an angry glance towards Random and Strafe. Try and be tactful, they are probably freaking out right about now.

Miguel will turn towards Screaming Eagle, never actually turning his back towards either Strafe or Random.

So did you finally catch a clue and figure out we aren't terrorists or isn't your paycheck big enough to watch innocent people getting gunned down? Oh yea, that reminds me.

snapping his fingers and motioning towards the two mercs.

Sandstone is hurt, she was alive the last time I saw her and she should be ok in the long run but good luck getting her away from Tryroc.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Sam, her head finally clearing up, looks up at Miguel as he speaks to her. She says nothing, but looks back at Strafe and Random, giving them a dirty look before running off into the house.

Random's copy sighs as Tyrone retreats with Sandstone's body. Meanwhile, Random, back out front, tells Strafe, "He's right, Tyroc has Sandstone, she looks to be unconscious. He doesn't want to give her up."

Strafe growls. "Tyroc, you dumbass!" he shouts. "Bad enough we're leavin' without you, I'll be damned if we're leavin' without her, though! Get her out here, now!" To Random, he adds, "If he doesn't comply..." Random nods.

Random's copy comes around the side of the building. "I suggest you do as he says," he tells Tyroc.

Screaming Eagle tells Miguel, "It's not up to me to decide what you are or aren't. I am offering to help your friends, though. We have medical supplies at the aerodyne, and I can try and stabalize their condition, but they'll need to get to a hospital, and we can get them to one, fast. But I can't help them unless you all come with us."

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
Strafe growls. "Tyroc, you dumbass!" he shouts. "Bad enough we're leavin' without you, I'll be damned if we're leavin' without her, though! Get her out here, now!" To Random, he adds, "If he doesn't comply..." Random nods.

Random's copy comes around the side of the building. "I suggest you do as he says," he tells Tyroc.
"Yah, god forbid I don't and you try to kill me. Oh wait, that already happened," he says coldly. "If you want her, you might want to go play catch," he says, floating her over towards the hammock while moving backwards. "It'd be a cryin' shame if I missed the net."

He drops her a few feet at a time to make his point, and once Random moves off, lets her down to a few feet above the hammock and goes around the front of the house, losing sight of them and causing Sandstone to fall into the hammock.

As he comes around the corner, his force field continues to flicker about him and when he sees that all the attackers are still there, reaches into his pocket and palms the SUV keys. "Ah man. Good to see this situation has improved loads," he mutters to himself.

Mimic

First Post
Miguel watches Sandstone fall into the hammack.

There's your teammate, get her and go. I am assuming that this isn't the last that we will see of you or the rest of your mercs Strafe, so when she wakes up give her a kiss from me and tell her the next time I see her I will finish what I started.

Miguel will ready himself in case the 2 mercs decide to attack.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
"You better believe we'll meet again," Strafe says, as Random's double picks up Sandstone from the hammock with a grunt. "You cost me a lot of money. That's not something I'll forgot real quick. And Annie don't much like gettin' hurt, I'm sure she'll be lookin' forward to seeing you again, too." He motions to the the Randoms. "Let's go. They're all yours, babe. Have fun," he says to Screaming Eagle as they leave back behind the house, where they came from.

Screaming Eagle watches as they leave, but doesn't drop her guard when they do. She looks at Miguel and then Tyroc. "So, are you going to come with us or let your friends die?"

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
Screaming Eagle watches as they leave, but doesn't drop her guard when they do. She looks at Miguel and then Tyroc. "So, are you going to come with us or let your friends die?"
"Yo, Angel, what makes you think they're friends?" Tyroc says testily. "I know a bit about 'em 'cause we were stuck in cells beneath that goverment hell-hole base in the mountains and we helped each other get out and away from MacDermott. That's it. Before then, I aint never seen these people before," he says, moving sideways towards the SUV, keeping his eye on Eagle and keeping his force field up.

"I aint gonna be experimented on ever again, not for nobody. I aint a freakin' guinea pig. MacDermott or whoever the heck's in charge already tanked my rep with that news crap, so tell me what I gots to lose by refusin' to go back. I can't believe I helped vote this government in if this is how they treat elites. Can't believe you are in on all this either, but today has been full of unpleasant surprises.

"You comin' Miguel, or you wanna go with the winged wonder there?"
he says as he slowly moves towards the SUV.

Agamon

Adventurer
"Okay, okay, hold on." Screaming Eagle says, shaking her head. "You say you've been held captive by the government and experimented on? I find that hard to believe. How do I know this isn't some story you people concocted?" She glares, adding, "And stay away from the vehicle, or I'll make sure there's nothing left of it for you to drive."

Kiro and Minotaur come running in from the field and see the carnage the battle has wrought.

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
"Okay, okay, hold on." Screaming Eagle says, shaking her head. "You say you've been held captive by the government and experimented on? I find that hard to believe. How do I know this isn't some story you people concocted?" She glares, adding, "And stay away from the vehicle, or I'll make sure there's nothing left of it for you to drive."

Kiro and Minotaur come running in from the field and see the carnage the battle has wrought.
"Sure, blow up some more of these nice people's property," he says, but stops moving towards the SUV. "Check the necks, Angel," he says, pointing at the three injured people and pulling a small square chip from his pocket. "Each of us had these little chips in our skulls. Howd ya think they knew where we were so easily. Terrorists don't wear devices to let their enemies track them."

He looks over by the house. "When Strafe showed up he dropped that," he says, pointing at the small device Strafe dropped by the house, "and complained that we already took out the implants.

"There's lots of little bits of proof around here, but if you really want to find out, go to the base we escaped from. Not even the government can destroy a facility that size this quickly. Mind you, do that on your own; I aint goin' anywhere near that place."

Last edited:

Remove ads