• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #1)

Mimic

First Post
He's telling the truth ya'know. How do you think you found us so quickly? Do we look or even remotely act like terrorists?

Miguel asks Screaming Eagle with a sigh.

Did you even go the the facility? Did you look at the evidence yourself or did you get your orders and follow them without question? Did you wonder why the bridge was destroyed when they had helicopters and all we had was a SUV?

Agamon

Adventurer
Screaming Eagle sighs. "You needn't be so condescending. But no, we don't have the liberty or time to make sure everything our superiors tell us is on the level, especially when we're told terrorists are on the loose in the country."

She looks down at Sarah and shakes her head. "Unbelievable," she mutters, tapping her AF crest once more. "Devil, how's Berrett doing?"

"Not good," she hears in her earpiece. "Looks like he's got a badly broken leg and maybe a broken collarbone, plus he has a large contusion under his left arm from the guy's horn. I'm taking him to the aerodyne. You okay over there?"

"Yes, but I just found out we've been played like an accordian," she says in response.

"You believe that story these guys are saying, about being experimented on?"

"Yeah, it's beginning to make sense now. Strafe mentioned he was working for BioGen. Jeffries lied to me. Or, more likely, someone lied to him. Fly around to pick us up, I don't want to move these people any more than we have to," Eagle says before turning the comm off.

"That is, if you're coming with us. You guys are hurt, too, you should get looked at. We'll take you to a hospital in Denver, what you do from there is up to you. I'll talk to my superiors about investigating the situation further in order to get the charges on you dropped, which, if you're being truthful, shouldn't be a problem. Until such time, however, you'll be under police custody. Your best bet is to go along with it unless you want real resisting arrest charges, which I suppose I could charge you with now, but from what I can see this was all Evolution's fault, not yours." Eagle kneels down to look more closely at Sarah's injuries before moving on to Aaron and Jaya. "Sound reasonable?"

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
Screaming Eagle sighs. "You needn't be so condescending. But no, we don't have the liberty or time to make sure everything our superiors tell us is on the level, especially when we're told terrorists are on the loose in the country."

She looks down at Sarah and shakes her head. "Unbelievable," she mutters, tapping her AF crest once more. "Devil, how's Berrett doing?"

"Not good," she hears in her earpiece. "Looks like he's got a badly broken leg and maybe a broken collarbone, plus he has a large contusion under his left arm from the guy's horn. I'm taking him to the aerodyne. You okay over there?"

"Yes, but I just found out we've been played like an accordian," she says in response.

"You believe that story these guys are saying, about being experimented on?"

"Yeah, it's beginning to make sense now. Strafe mentioned he was working for BioGen. Jeffries lied to me. Or, more likely, someone lied to him. Fly around to pick us up, I don't want to move these people any more than we have to," Eagle says before turning the comm off.

"That is, if you're coming with us. You guys are hurt, too, you should get looked at. We'll take you to a hospital in Denver, what you do from there is up to you. I'll talk to my superiors about investigating the situation further in order to get the charges on you dropped, which, if you're being truthful, shouldn't be a problem. Until such time, however, you'll be under police custody. Your best bet is to go along with it unless you want real resisting arrest charges, which I suppose I could charge you with now, but from what I can see this was all Evolution's fault, not yours." Eagle kneels down to look more closely at Sarah's injuries before moving on to Aaron and Jaya. "Sound reasonable?"
"Oh boy, police custody. This aughta be great for what's left of my rep," Tyrone says, rubbing his shoulder which is still oozing blood. He brings flat force barriers up from beneath Sarah, Aaron and Jaya as he hears the Aerodyne starting up. "What the hell is it with white people and accordians anyway?"

Being tired nearly causes him to lose focus. Concentrate, man, concentrate. As he concentrates on lifting the injured people a foot or so off the ground, he casually remarks to Eagle, "You're bleeding too, Angel, in case you didn't notice." He struggles inwardly to maintain his control over the energy barriers. Shut up and focus.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Calinon said:
"Oh boy, police custody. This aughta be great for what's left of my rep," Tyrone says, rubbing his shoulder which is still oozing blood. He brings flat force barriers up from beneath Sarah, Aaron and Jaya as he hears the Aerodyne starting up. "What the hell is it with white people and accordians anyway?"

Being tired nearly causes him to lose focus. Concentrate, man, concentrate. As he concentrates on lifting the injured people a foot or so off the ground, he casually remarks to Eagle, "You're bleeding too, Angel, in case you didn't notice." He struggles inwardly to maintain his control over the energy barriers. Shut up and focus.

"I'm fine. And my name is not Angel," she says curtly. "Is everybody here?" she says, looking around. "Where is Samantha?" she says looking ot the house.

She looks at Steven, "Sorry about the damage, sir. I hope your folks are insured. It wasn't American Freedom's intention to cause any collateral damage."

"Well, take care of Jaya," Steven says, "and give me your signature, we'll call it even." He smiles, holding a pen and pad to her.

She smiles, signing the pad, "I'm sure your parents wouldn't agree with that. Would go find the catgirl for us? Tell her we have all the supplies we need."

Steven takes the pad back and runs for the house, but stops and throws the pen and pad to Tyroc. "Hey, will you guys sign it, too? That would be cool!" he says before running into the house.

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
"I'm fine. And my name is not Angel," she says curtly. "Is everybody here?" she says, looking around. "Where is Samantha?" she says looking ot the house.

She looks at Steven, "Sorry about the damage, sir. I hope your folks are insured. It wasn't American Freedom's intention to cause any collateral damage."

"Well, take care of Jaya," Steven says, "and give me your signature, we'll call it even." He smiles, holding a pen and pad to her.

She smiles, signing the pad, "I'm sure your parents wouldn't agree with that. Would go find the catgirl for us? Tell her we have all the supplies we need."

Steven takes the pad back and runs for the house, but stops and throws the pen and pad to Tyroc. "Hey, will you guys sign it, too? That would be cool!" he says before running into the house.
Tyroc tries to catch the pad but misses badly, and it lands on the ground. He struggles to sustain his powers as he says quietly to himself, "Damn, is that guy nuts? People half dead on the ground and he's autograph hunting? She gives one smile and everything is just fine? It'd take a freakin' act of god for me to do half as much damage control on my rep, and she bitches about being called Angel. Better than the other names I was thinking of using." Finally he sighs and just sets everyone back down. "Screw it, I'm too tired."

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Police custody? No way, not a chance. I have been in too many "police custodies" that ended in me meeting the but end of a police baton.

Miguel states flatly, standing straighter and crossing his arms across his chest. he will stare at Screaming Eagle for a moment and then a slight grin will cross his face.

I'll tell you what, Strafe called you a girl scout and I have heard that your word can be trusted, so here's a deal we can all live with. We will go to Denver so our friends can get patched up and tell you everything we know and what happened to us without fighting or resisting so this

Miguel gestures around pointing out the destruction around them

doesn't happen again. in return we are in your custody, yours and yours alone. No cops, no feds and definately no Biogen agents. No one but you and your AF buddies are allowed to be around us. We see one cop, or anyone even looks at us funny and we are out of there.

Miguel will take a step closer and stare into Screaming Eagles eyes, lowering his voice

And I swear if you double cross us, I will hunt you down and cut a pound of flesh from you. No matter how long it takes.

Miguel will take a step back.

Is it a deal?

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Screaming Eagle glares at Miguel. "You are hardly in a position to dicate terms, let alone throw around idle threats, mister. And I certainly don't appreciate your implication that we would even consider going back on our word. I thought Strafe was a fool, but even he knows better than that." she says as the aerodyne aproaches overhead. "But if that's all it'll take to stop you from making a scene, then fine. Barring a situation that requires us to be elsewhere, we'll remain at the hospital. Though I doubt any policemen assigned to watch over you would beat you, especially in a public hospital, when one of you is an officer and any one of you could more than likely give back what you got tenfold."

She looks to Tyroc sternly. "We're all tired and hurt. If you can't help your...associates into the aerodyne, at least haul your own sorry butt up there." The aerodyne hovers 20' off the ground and the side hatch opens.

Steven comes running out of the house. "She's gone."

Eagle looks back at him as she picks up Jaya off the ground. "What?"

"The catgirl. My mom said she came into the house and ran right out the back door really fast," he says running up to her.

Screaming Eagle frowns and looks as though she'll set Jaya back down. But she stops, and thinks a moment, and shakes her head. "Dammit. I can't waste time trying to find her. Leave her then. Let's go."

She launches herself into the air and flies up into the aerodyne with Jaya as Jersey Devil lowers a rope ladder for those that can't reach the aerodyne themselves. He then flies down himself to pick up Sarah. "Whoa, Strafe really did a number to this place. Someone else got the kid, or do I have to come back?" he says, as he flies back up to the aerodyne.

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
She looks to Tyroc sternly. "We're all tired and hurt. If you can't help your...associates into the aerodyne, at least haul your own sorry butt up there." The aerodyne hovers 20' off the ground and the side hatch opens.

Steven comes running out of the house. "She's gone."

Eagle looks back at him as she picks up Jaya off the ground. "What?"

"The catgirl. My mom said she came into the house and ran right out the back door really fast," he says running up to her.

Screaming Eagle frowns and looks as though she'll set Jaya back down. But she stops, and thinks a moment, and shakes her head. "Dammit. I can't waste time trying to find her. Leave her then. Let's go."

She launches herself into the air and flies up into the aerodyne with Jaya as Jersey Devil lowers a rope ladder for those that can't reach the aerodyne themselves. He then flies down himself to pick up Sarah. "Whoa, Strafe really did a number to this place. Someone else got the kid, or do I have to come back?" he says, as he flies back up to the aerodyne.
"At least someone had the sense to run," Tyrone says to Miguel as he lifts off the ground and makes Aaron's body do the same. "She keeps barkin' orders, I ... I ... hell, I don't know. You good to climb or you need a lift too?"

POWERS: If Miguel is fine climbing he can climb up, if not, I'll use extra effort to grant AoE flight, not bothering to worry about fatigue. If Minotaur and Kiro were also with us there, since they were running back to the house, I'll AoE flight them too.

Entering the Aerodyne, Tyroc lets Aaron down wherever they are putting the injured. Once the others are in and the door closed, he sits down wherever there's a chair. "I'd give real money for just a day of no needles, no drugs, no dunking in a saline tank, no electrical jolts and nobody tryin' to kill us, know what I mean?"

He sits back and tries to calm down, the sudden loss of adreniline making his recent supper sit uneasily in his stomach. His throbbing shoulder reminding him of the others, he looks over at the wounded, only adding to his emotional and physical turmoils of the days events, both types evident in his posture and in the emotions on his face.

Master_Pugs

First Post
Kiro grabs the ropeladder and climbs intop the aeropdyne, he keeps a close eye on the Af members but takes the time to turn to Aaron and comment, "Quite the eventful day, wouldn't you agree? Not everyday you get to meet a 'Super-Hero'!" he adds with a smirk

Elementor

First Post
Master_Pugs said:
Kiro grabs the ropeladder and climbs intop the aeropdyne, he keeps a close eye on the Af members but takes the time to turn to Aaron and comment, "Quite the eventful day, wouldn't you agree? Not everyday you get to meet a 'Super-Hero'!" he adds with a smirk

Blood trickles from Aaron's left nostril and mouth in reply....

Remove ads