• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #2)

Elementor

First Post
Agamon said:
Aaron is not questioned, as he is a minor and does not have his parents' permission.

Frowning a bit, she looks at Aaron. "Well, most of you. Aaron, I'm afraid you are too young to be placed on such a team. And even if the decision was up to me, I've already spoken to your parents, and they have forbid it."

"Awww man!! I never get to do anything....." The poster boy for pouting is suddenly sitting right where Aaron was a moment ago.

Agamon

Adventurer
Elementor said:
"Awww man!! I never get to do anything....." The poster boy for pouting is suddenly sitting right where Aaron was a moment ago.

"Your parents are just looking out for you, kid," Jersey Devil says to the boy.

"That's right," Eagle says. "I made a point to call your mother and father last night, Aaron, to tell them you're alright. They said they'd fly from Vancouver to Dallas to get you, I'm sure they'll be waiting for you at the airport."

Deva

First Post
"I don't know," Sarah says from where she sits. "I think I'd like to try to salvage what I can from my life the way it was before all this. It may not have been anything spectacular, nothing like Tyrone and his Superheroing, but it was mine and I'd worked damn hard to get where I was.

Besides, I don't like the spotlight, never have, and if I were to be part of something like that..."
She glances between the three AF members. "I just look at you guys. Everything you do is scrutinized. You are constantly being watched by someone, and everyone knows everything about you." She shakes her head. "I don't think I could handle that."

She shrugs. "I don't know. My brain is so messed up right now. I just want to go home and sleep for a week. In my own bed, in my own appartment, and not wake up someone's lab rat. You do what you like, Eagle. You want to put my name on some list, fine. It doesn't mean I have to accept if they even offer me anything."

Calinon

First Post
"Hah! I'm a computer system analyist and programmer. Playing super hero doesn't pay the bills, Sarah," Tyrone says. "Not like I'm getting my old job back, though," he adds.

"Don't sweat it kid. I'll talk to your parents, maybe convince them you should stick with me. Who better to watch out for you than the world famous Tyroc. Pretty sure mama wouldn't mind having another body around the house, and she sure aint gonna let you slump in school."

Mimic

First Post
It's not like I got anything waiting for me, go ahead and put my name down. Doesn't bother me one way or the other. Miguel says as he conintues to eat his meal.

Agamon

Adventurer
Deva said:
"I don't know," Sarah says from where she sits. "I think I'd like to try to salvage what I can from my life the way it was before all this. It may not have been anything spectacular, nothing like Tyrone and his Superheroing, but it was mine and I'd worked damn hard to get where I was.

Besides, I don't like the spotlight, never have, and if I were to be part of something like that..."
She glances between the three AF members. "I just look at you guys. Everything you do is scrutinized. You are constantly being watched by someone, and everyone knows everything about you." She shakes her head. "I don't think I could handle that."

She shrugs. "I don't know. My brain is so messed up right now. I just want to go home and sleep for a week. In my own bed, in my own appartment, and not wake up someone's lab rat. You do what you like, Eagle. You want to put my name on some list, fine. It doesn't mean I have to accept if they even offer me anything."

"It's not all as bad as you say, Sarah," Neutron says. "I mean, yeah, our lives are scrutinized, mine especially. If anyone has a gripe to pick with being put in the spotlight, it's me. Sure, we're treated like movie stars, or rock stars or athletes. The difference is, unlike the entertainers, we make a real difference in the world. Your job as a police officer, and our jobs in AF aren't much different, aside from the scale. Now don't get me wrong, the NYPD do a helluva job, and they don't have any elite powers to back them up, that's true heroics. But policework is best left to the baselines, your abilities allow you to accomplish so much more, on a much bigger magnitude, not to just protect your neighborhood, but the country or even the world."

"Listen to you, Barry," Jersey Devil says with a grin. "You could sell those motivational tapes."

Screaming Eagle smiles. "Don't try and guilt her into accepting, Neutron. This kind of life isn't for everyone." She looks to Sarah. "I will add your name, and you can consider it further if and when the time comes that you're accepted."

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Calinon said:
"Hah! I'm a computer system analyist and programmer. Playing super hero doesn't pay the bills, Sarah," Tyrone says. "Not like I'm getting my old job back, though," he adds.

"Actually, Ty," Devil says with a wry smile, "not only does our goverment backing supply us with the tools we need to get the job done, and not only does it legitimize our work, as federal officers instead of vigilantes, but, yeah, it does a pretty good job paying the bills, too."

Master_Pugs

First Post
Kiro is pacing, his frown deepening with each word. Finally he comes to a halt and spins towards Eagle and the other AF members present, "So let me get this straight, you want us to entrust our livelihoods and very lives to the American government, the same people who funded our personal hell wether they realised it or not. Wether they admit it or not... All so we can financially and legally perform acts of vigilantism? Sell our souls to your media and leaders... Sign oursleves up to take orders from those voted into power by the rich, ignorant and overall apathetic masses... how could we ever trust a country which allows this to happen within its own borders! Eagle, do you even realize most of us aren't American?!" he shakes his head and lets it fall for a moment as he seams to visibly fight down some emotion. When he raises his eyes his face is solomn once again, "Look, get me in touch with my Father... sign me up if you wish... I'll discuss the decision with my family... I just want to go home... We all do... Just please, don't be insulted if I refuse..." He sighs heavily and leans against the wall, then slumps down to a sitting position, eyes tired although intent on Eagle.

Agamon

Adventurer
"Kiro, while I applaud your idealism, things aren't quite as grim here in America as you try to paint them," Screaming Eagle says. "While the government owned the facility you were in, there is no evidence of government involvement in your case. Well, other than the air force personel that tried to stop you, but they were fed the same information that we were: you were terrorists.

"And of the five of you, only you and Max aren't American. That may be a small hurdle to overcome, but you would eventually attain your American citizenship if you were to join the team. It is your right to refuse the offer, however, especially being foreigners."

Calinon

First Post
"Actually, Ty," Devil says with a wry smile, "not only does our goverment backing supply us with the tools we need to get the job done, and not only does it legitimize our work, as federal officers instead of vigilantes, but, yeah, it does a pretty good job paying the bills, too."
"Vigilantes!? Who you calling a vigilante, bub?" Tyrone says, offended.

"I'm not some thug out to dispense summary justice. I wasn't out there punishing criminals. I was out protecting people and catching them, so the cops and legal system could deal with them. Maybe you don't think that's as important as what you do, but guess what? People are affected by the little crimes just as much as the big ones, and you guys are too busy with the big problems to help people out with the little ones.

"I didn't get famous because I save the world; I got famous because I helped where the big name groups didn't. Don't know if I want to be thrown into fighting people like Strafe on a regular basis. I just know I want to get the hell home, and make sure that Aaron doesn't get stuck in a place that doesn't help him cope with his powers."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads