• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #2)

Mimic

First Post
He watches Sarah run down the hall after Aaron he sighs quietly before looking towards Tyroc

"You know I am right Amigo, this isn't just going to fade away. Your old lives are over, there is no going back. We aren't going to fit into normal society. They," he says looking down the hall, "don't want to believe it and someone had to tell them. If that makes me the Diablo because of it, then so be it."

Master_Pugs

First Post
Kiro shakes his head and stares at Miguel until their eyes meet, "Better my head in the sand then up my own ass... Miguel..." He will stand swiftly and bow, then head for the door, "When you're all finished I'll be waiting outside..."

Master_Pugs

First Post
He will turn when he reaches the door, "I know I can never go back, the past changes our present and nothing can ever be as it was... but it's no reason to rub it in these people's faces, let them learn for themselves... it's what people do."

Calinon

First Post
"You know I am right Amigo, this isn't just going to fade away. Your old lives are over, there is no going back. We aren't going to fit into normal society. They," he says looking down the hall, "don't want to believe it and someone had to tell them. If that makes me the Diablo because of it, then so be it."
"I've fit into 'normal' society for the last five years. There's nothing that says an elite can't live a normal life. Just you with..."

"Better my head in the sand then up my own ass... Miguel..."
"... that. "You aren't the devil; you're just being an incompassionate dick. Hey, maybe we could walk the streets of Dallas and you can go around shattering the limited hopes of the poor folks in the projects for fun," he says with mock enthusiasm, before going to grab another juice.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
"I've fit into 'normal' society for the last five years. There's nothing that says an elite can't live a normal life. Just you with..."

And which one of your lives fit into normal society? Tyroc? Tyrone? or was it Mr. Rhymes? How many more people are you going to create to try and sheild yourself from the rest of the world?

Calinon said:
"... that. "You aren't the devil; you're just being an incompassionate dick. Hey, maybe we could walk the streets of Dallas and you can go around shattering the limited hopes of the poor folks in the projects for fun," he says with mock enthusiasm, before going to grab another juice.

"You've seen it, I lived it. I was eating garbage from dumpsters to survive when I was the cabrito's age. I've also seen what false hope and the delusion that the past can be recaptured can do to people. You've seen it to, every time you find the same junkie with a needle in his arm or whenever the same hooker goes back to her abusive pimp."

"Al infierno con élm, codle them if that's what you want. Tell them that it's all a bad dream and that they can slip back into the lives they once had. I would rather face the harsh reality of truth then live in a dream world."

Miguel walks outside ignoring everyone around him, he sits down on the steps, he lights his last remaining cigarette and smokes it in solitude.

Last edited:

Deva

First Post
Elementor said:
Aaron reaches out and takes Sarah's hand and lets her guide him back to the waiting area.

"Cop? Donut? ... that was suppose to be a joke." She puts her arm around his shoulder as they walk back. "It'll be okay once we get out of here. We're just on edge."

Seeing some people have taken off, Sarah sits back in her chair and has Aaron sit in one near her. "How much longer will we'll be waiting, Eagle?I think we're all a little anxious to go home."

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
And which one of your lives fit into normal society? Tyroc? Tyrone? or was it Mr. R...
And Tyroc immediately smashes his fist into Miguels face to shut him up before he finishes the sentence. "Go ahead. Keep talking. Show me you have no common sense. I'll knock some into you."

Tyroc's force field flickers about him and he looks about ready to blast Miguel back to Mexico.

Feel free to say the rest, but you mention his secret identity and I'll have to kill Miguel.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Jersey Devil steps in between Tyrone and Miguel before Miguel stalks off outside. "Aright, that's enough. I know you guys are on edge and all, but geez, can we at least be civil?"

Screaming Eagle frowns at the exchange, and it looks like she's about to say something, but something else gets her attention. She puts a finger to her ear. "Excuse me, I'm receiving a transmission." She moves to far corner of the room to speak with whomever it is that has called her.

"Aw, for cryin' out loud. What now? Hello, vacation? Geez," Jersey Devil says rolling his eyes as Eagle leaves the conversation. "If it were up to me, I'd deputize all of you right now so I can freakin' get a day off..."

"That's our Devil. Such a workaholic," Neutron says with a chuckle.

"Bite me, gimpy."

Eagle isn't gone long. When she comes back, she has a mixed look of shock and concern on her face. "Devil, Neutron, we're leaving," she says sternly.

"Why? What's going on?" Neutron asks.

"Mexico City is...gone."

"Huh? Where did it go?" Jersey Devil says, confused.

"Destroyed. The entire city has been completely destroyed. We're being sent to help Justice Elite: Beta with search and rescue."

There's a moment of silence as everyone takes in the enormity of what she just stated.

Mimic

First Post
Miguel stares at Eagle for several minutes before responding. What do you mean destroyed?

How can anyone destroy all of Mexico City? Not even a nuke would destroy the whole city.

Last edited:

Remove ads