Proliferation of Threads on Same Topic (Martial/Magic, Fighters, etc.)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm not going to disturb the requirements of the "+" thread, which I think are useful, but I can't help but notice that we currently have ... checks notes ... on the first page of new threads ...

FOUR "+" thread on the topic of the Martial/Magic divide, and/or buffing fighters. Including three that were recently created by the same poster.
FOUR other threads on the same topic.....

And, of course, other conversations going on about the topic in threads that aren't necessarily even about that.

People can chat about anything that they want, but I am not entirely sure that we need this many threads on the same topic. IMO, etc. Perhaps at least a few of them could be consolidated?

ETA- or, in the alternative, maybe people could restrict themselves to spawning no more than one (1) new thread on the topic per week?

For the « martial vs magic » topic I can see that

Some posters are deeply concern about the topic.

The feeling to be unheard is obvious since the DnD playtest don’t address at all the topic.

This topic show a very unsatisfying game experience, and posters are asking for an official rule change, and surprisingly house ruling or using another edition or game seem not an option.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I confess that I've lost track of which thread is which in general, and probably need to start looking what the topic of the thread is supposed to be (at least a little bit) before I reply.

aco175

Legend
I wonder if the real reason is the lack of non + threads for the topic of caster vs. marshal divide.

Or, maybe people have different tangents of one thread and someone comes along and tells them that "This is a + thread and stay on topic. Start your own thread of you want to talk about that."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The easiest way to stop this thread proliferation would be if WotC would just buff fighters. :)
No! They should nerf casters! :p

More seriously, yeah, it is getting a bit much. Most times, when a single topic becomes dominant, it is for a short while, and then it dies off after folks have chewed it over for a while. If traffic on the topic doesn't die down, we'll think of ways to manage it.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
No! They should nerf casters! :p

More seriously, yeah, it is getting a bit much. Most times, when a single topic becomes dominant, it is for a short while, and then it dies off after folks have chewed it over for a while. If traffic on the topic doesn't die down, we'll think of ways to manage it.

...and another one.

Can we at least petition for a restriction so that a person can only post, oh, three new martial/magic threads ... per day? Three seems very generous, four seems excessive.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
How many active threads does a topic need before it gets its own sub-forum? I'm not saying we should move all of these Fighter vs. Wizard threads over to their own forum...but...well actually yes, I am saying that.

(And I'm hardly blameless; remember that I'm the guy who created roughly thirty-five thousand "5E Survivor" threads before finally passing that torch.)

Remove ads