(Proposal) Blind from Birth Template

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
That's three positive votes. He who is in charge of documenting this stuff... Please do so? =P

---

Yay! After, what, 7 months? Yeah, 7 months. It's finally approved. I shall begin making my monk posthaste!

da beast

First Post
Im knew and have a comment (Whopdie do)

I like it but I think that it should be possibal to have been "Born blind" from anytime before the starting age of your race, for example I belive the 3.5 core book says elves must at least be 130 (Guesing there) to be an adventurer so any elf 129 or younger could become blind from birth but that's just my opinion. I belive this because, well, in daredevil (I only saw the movie so don't say anything...) He is blind from 13 but still adapts to being blind.

El Jefe

First Post
I think that would be a different template. For example, I doubt Daredevil would be "Ignorant of Sight", or that an elf blinded at the tender age of 50 would be, either. But if you really feel it necessary for us to be inflicted with a "Blinded as a Child" template, go ahead and write one up.

EroticNGHTMR

First Post
ok In response to The know the rules thing, Does not any of the rulebooks say that they are simply a foundation and can be changed as deemed fit by the dm. I meen a DM can choose wether or not we use Netbooks, Can disalow certain feets, Change feet progression even the way we cast spells. House rules are what makes the game fun.

I do however like the Judge's idea for a blind born character, and am currently trying to getmy dm to aprove it for a new campaign we are starting.

orsal

LEW Judge
EroticNGHTMR said:
ok In response to The know the rules thing, Does not any of the rulebooks say that they are simply a foundation and can be changed as deemed fit by the dm. I meen a DM can choose wether or not we use Netbooks, Can disalow certain feets, Change feet progression even the way we cast spells. House rules are what makes the game fun.

I do however like the Judge's idea for a blind born character, and am currently trying to getmy dm to aprove it for a new campaign we are starting.

That's in a campaign with a single DM. In a campaign like this one, however, we need to establish rules that apply to all of LEW. If you look through the various proposal threads or sticky threads, you'll see that LEW has been adopting quite a few house rules. But it's always a decision that has to be made collectively.

Rystil Arden

First Post
We just got a Blind-born character (Samina) who seems not to have used the proper version of Blind-born--specifically, she somehow thinks she has (and I quote from her character sheet) "Blindsight 30 feet". That should be Blindsense 15 feet. Rae, did you put the correct Blind-born (KO2's version) in the rules thread?

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
We just got a Blind-born character (Samina) who seems not to have used the proper version of Blind-born--specifically, she somehow thinks she has (and I quote from her character sheet) "Blindsight 30 feet". That should be Blindsense 15 feet. Rae, did you put the correct Blind-born (KO2's version) in the rules thread?

Actually, it should be Blindsense 30' -- there's a feat to extend it.

Remove ads