• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Proposed Monk Rules Preview (not house rules)

Estlor

Explorer
A bit late to the party, but I always thought the biggest issue with a monk's unarmed attack ability was the fact that none of their powers did [W] damage...

I sort of remember the playtest version did weapon damage, but I think that got changed due to the result being monks armed with greatswords and mordenkrads and the unarmed attack was left there despite it being rendered moot.

DracoSuave

First Post
A bit late to the party, but I always thought the biggest issue with a monk's unarmed attack ability was the fact that none of their powers did [W] damage...

I sort of remember the playtest version did weapon damage, but I think that got changed due to the result being monks armed with greatswords and mordenkrads and the unarmed attack was left there despite it being rendered moot.

It IS still useful in multiclass/hybriding. Let's face it, what could multiclass well with a melee implement user with simple weapons?

Not very much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads