PS4 / X Box One; anyone buying?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just curious whether anybody's buying one of these.

My video gaming seems to have stopped to almost nothing, so my PS3 will likely be enough for a year or two at least; especially given the hefty price tag of these things.

I'll probably buy one... eventually. I don't play often, so whatever system I end up buying will serve as a talking piece more often than a gaming system. The price is also far more than I want to throw down on something that won't get that much use.

Funny enough, while typing this, I'm flipping through the channels, and it seems Spike TV is showing "PS4 all access live: Greatness awaits." It's a stupid countdown to the release of the PS4. Derp...

Serendipity

Explorer
We might get a PS 4 at some point down the line (that's mostly up to the spouse, I could care less) but neither of us care for the One (a pretentious name if there ever was one). We do, however, need to get a new 360, and that should be relatively cheaper.

I'm sure I'll end up with both eventually, but I'm not planning on getting either right away. My gaming is way down, and the Ouya has been enough to keep my busy lately.

Ive been a sony guy for awhile now, but reading up on the PS4 I think i'll pass, sounds pretty lame, you have to pay to play online now!? Screw that, that, to me, was one of the big advantage Sony had over xbox, free online gaming, but no more! It also wont play CDs or mp3 and no visulizer thingy, I always thought that was so kool, but its gone. Im big into the WWE games (dont tell nobody, I'll never live that one down) and one of the kool things I liked about those games was that you could load mp3s onto your playstation and use them as your entrance music, hell yeah, well thats out the window now. And xbox isnt sounding any better. So, yeah instead of buyin a PS4 or an Xbox 1 (stupid name by the way) I just got me a new PS3, the red God of War one, my old one was having trouble reading discs, and the 250 gb hard drive was nearly full, the red one has 500 gb, so hopefully itll last a little longer before getting all filled up, down loaded GTAV onto the old PS3 so now I can play with the kids and shoot them, lotsa fun.

Another thing about the PS4, so far none of the games Ive seen for it really speak to me, yaknow? They need to really come out with something seriously badass before im shelling out 400 bucks for something that cant even play a CD!!

Scorpio616

First Post
Xbone: Microsoft' unsold their system to me when they announced it. Unless they make exclusive Call of Cthulhu style game, I'll be skipping this system.
PS4: Maybe depending on game quality. If they have some really excellent games, I'll dive in. But if this gen is same games, slightly better graphics, to hell with that.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
"Not I" said the little red hen.
At least, not until my PS3 breaks and there is no support for them.
Or if the future lego games are only available on the newer consoles. But dammit, they better release the old ones, or make the new ones able to play the old games.

ggroy

First Post
I won't be buying either one in the meantime. Presently there is no game that is an immediate deal breaker for me.

I'll wait for the next Grand Theft Auto franchise game, and decide then.

Remove ads