Psionic Rogue - Rejected

Velmont

First Post
I see nothing to be against, but I don't see the point of that class either. A Psion 5/Rogue 15 would be almost identical to a Psychic Rogue 20. I don't think that class would come and add something to the game.

Patlin

Explorer
My preference would be to skip it -- it seems to me like a less finished Lurk. Once CP becomes available, we should vote in the Lurk instead.

Knight Otu

First Post
My original gut feeling was that the psionic rogues was overpowered when I glanced at it. But let's look closer at it.

Compared to a rogue, the pr loses:
2 skill points/level
3d6 sneak attack damage
Trap Sense
Continual (Uncanny) Dodge (only while focussed), and the ability is delayed.
The special abilities are delayed.

It gains:
Psionic ability from the start, based off Int
More class skills
Danger sense
More special ability choices.

The big thing for me is - if we allow the psionic rogue, doesn't it trample over the rogue's nche too much? Why take the first level in rogue when you can be a psionic rogue, and lose only a few skill points, which is close to a wash, since the pr will put many points into Intelligence anyway? Over the long run, I'm guessing it isn't overpowered, but it treads too close to the rogue for me to comfortly vote in favor of it.

No.

Ferrix

Explorer
The Psionic Rogue I don't even like for flavor reasons. It makes a decent rogue, but only of a specific type with its power selection. It neglects the more interesting social aspects that a psionic rogue could have.

I vote No.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
I believe that settles it then; psionic rogues are dead.
Two nos currently mean that it won't pass until/unless more judges are ever added. Only three means that it is dead forever, never to return again.

Bront

The man with the probe
I was neutral on it. I think it's balanced, and is an interesting alteritive to a multi-classed Psion, but it's probably not needed.

I'll archive it :)

Remove ads