• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: DM's Companion now available!

Jaws

First Post
Ptolus: DM's Companion

PT6: A 103-page illustrated sourcebook by Monte Cook

What’s it like to actually live in the city of Ptolus? What’s the typical home like, what do people do for entertainment, and what kinds of tools do they use? This book gives the reader an idea of how it feels to walk the streets of the City by the Spire.

Besides learning what life is like for an average Ptolusite, you’ll also get a feel for the life of an adventurer in Ptolus. Other chapters delve into Imperial law, scientific wonders (including firearms, clocks, printing presses, and more), and chaositech, the evil twin of technology.

This DMs’ resource also discusses how to plan and run a campaign in the Ptolus setting. It lays out some differences between urban campaigns and other types and offers some valuable new rules material: an assortment of monsters, magic, and prestige classes needed for the Ptolus Campaign.

This is one in a series of nine Ptolus PDF releases from Malhavoc Press. When used together, they comprise the entirety of the Ptolus print book. Each one is also usable on its own for city-based fantasy d20 roleplaying campaigns.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Bad Jaws. No getting people's hopes up for no reason. No biscuit! :)

I take it that this is just another part of the book released in PDF form?

Olaf the Stout

Voadam

Legend
Olaf the Stout said:
I take it that this is just another part of the book released in PDF form?

Olaf the Stout

From the quoted product blurb above: "This is one in a series of nine Ptolus PDF releases from Malhavoc Press. When used together, they comprise the entirety of the Ptolus print book. Each one is also usable on its own for city-based fantasy d20 roleplaying campaigns."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Voadam said:
So does this pdf have all the monsters and magic from the big book? Anybody know how many monsters that would be?
Without looking in the book (from work), I'd say it's fewer than a dozen, but they're pretty nice, and include blessed children, a new Galchutt or two, ratlings and some others.

Is the chaositech portion adding anything new to the material from the actual chaositech book or is it just a stripped down version for some basics?
Both. It's stripped down rules and some new chaositech.

Is the discussion of running an urban D&D game worthwhile? Compared to say Cityworks from FFG http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catal...Path=36_37&products_id=500&affiliate_id=17596
[/quote]
I actually haven't gotten that far in the book (it's a BIG book), but I've heard good things from those who have.

Remove ads