Pulp Cthulhu: The Lost Temple of Yig [IC]

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Jimenez nods emphatically. "Of course, the University, I'd forgotten. Excellent idea!"

He glances around the room casually. "Whom else did you have in mind?"

Capellan

Explorer
"We would need someone with a reputation for success in exploration ... particularly jungles. Perhaps Dr Schoor? I'm not sure if this would be of interest to someone in his field, but he certainly has the skills and prestige."

Sathanai

First Post
Griffin approaches the two who are talking with an interested look on his face.

"Excuse me... i couldn't help overhearing... you're planning an expedition?"

He grins. "Oh i'm sorry... allow me to introduce myself. Name's Josh Griffin."

"Expeditions can be pretty dangerous things..." He gestures casually, continuing "...i've spent a lot of time around explorers like yourselves, both for the adventure and as a guard. I think i could be a valuable asset to your group, if you give me the chance." He makes a sweeping gesture before rounding off: "What do you say?"

Yellow Sign

Explorer
"Did I hear my name?" says Dr. Schoor as he walks up. "I would be interested in a expedition to find this building. I have been writing a paper on jungle fevers of the amazon basin and this would be a gut opperunity to do some in the field research."

Capellan

Explorer
"Well, I am sure that with the involvement of an esteemed figure such as yourself, Herr Doctor, we will have little trouble in eliciting interest from the University." Pickman-Smythe pauses and turns to the other newcomer, "As for your offer, ister Griffin, I'm afraid I've not heard youf personally, but I am sure that if you have experience in these matter then you will be a valuable asset to the team."

Edit: changing post from 1st person to 3rd

Last edited:

VorpalBunny

Explorer
As you four gents are discussing the evening's lecture and the possibility of an expedition to follow up Dr. Morgan's findings, you hear a crash from the adjoining room in the direction of the building's exit. You look over to see a very anxious looking young man sprawled on the floor with a club steward and a broken brandy bottle and snifters. The young man (whom you recognize as not belonging to the club) immediately stands up, briskly denies offers of assistance from members who saw the accident and hobbles out of the buildingas fast as he can.

[OOC: If there's no objections, since Shapermc is tied up for the foreseeable future, I'll play his character when necessary]

Last edited:

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Jimenez shakes his head. "Such a tragedy... that was excellent brandy."

He returns to the group. "So, it appears as if things are filling out, yes? We should start getting things organized. I've gone to South America before, so it may be a good idea if I take care of travel arrangements, get visas, that sort of thing. What do the rest of you gentlemen think?"

Sathanai

First Post
Joshua grimaces slightly at the disturbance, but says nothing.

.oO( clumsy fool )

With a nod to Jimnez: "Aye, that sounds good".

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Taking a sip from his brandy, Dr. Schoor glances over at the fleeing young man. With a shrug he returns to the conversation. "Do you believe the Vanguard Club could back the expedition or maybe the Mistakonic Univeristy? It vould require a large amount of money."

Remove ads