Pulp Cthulhu: The Lost Temple of Yig [IC]

Sathanai

First Post
"Aye, that it will. From what i've seen, the club itself doesn't back very much very often... Miskatonic, however, would probably be very glad of a team to investigate this unusual finding."

Capellan

Explorer
"Do any of us have contacts amongst the Miskatonic faculty? If so, I suggest we use them to get a hearing from the funding board. If not, I dare say our best option is for Doctor Dchoor to make the initial contact. He is, I think, the most well-known among us."

Shapermc

First Post
"HAHAHA! Now girls!" Montey says as he finish up his tale and notices that the older ladies and a few reporters who are in their 20's. "There is no need to crowd me I can only tell the tale so many times. Was it the brute that tried to take the sword while I was asleep that you wanted to hear about again or..."

At this point Montey hears the crash and looks in the direction of the unfortunate young man.

Imeadiatly changing his tone from light hearted to serious "Well I sure hope that he is ok." Montey then smiles widely at the women again. "So as I was saying or was it that or when the ninja tried to murder the pilot while were were getting home? No but seriously I feel like I may be needed otherwhere, can you excuse me?" With out waiting for a response he bows deeply and leaves the group.

Being full of himself he did not realise that it was not himself that the women wanted to hear about, but the tale of Susano's sword that he restored from the renagades. As he walks towards the group of four he hears the women laughing. Thinking that they are giggling over him (and his good looks - NOT) he turns his head and around and over obviously winks at them.

Aproaching the group of seeming uptight men Montey pats the nearest on the back in the middle of his sentance. The unfortunate Pickman-Smythe is half choked up by his words due to the large pat on the back. "Sorry to bother you gents," Montey says after removing his hand from his back. He has a huge smile on his face, that which you can see underneath his horned hat.
chinesehat.jpg

It would probably look abit silly if you did not notice the silk Chinese Gi that Montey was wearing
chineseclothes.jpg

This may have worked as a style if not for the fact that Montey Lovelynn was obviously a white man. He has the apearance of a ruggedly tanned face and unshaven as well. His hair is a dark blond color and you can see that the back of his hands (and most likely the rest of his body) is exceptionally hairy. His neck and under chin area are covered in pock marks and his badly broken out and red. A large tuft of black hair sticks out of his chest where the shirt does not completly cover.

Montey, after drawing attention to himself, notice's the stares that he is getting. He tries to give the best explination that he can."Latest fashion in China men. This is silk. Do you know how silk is made? Well any ways. [ooc: using his read lips from after the young man fell] I was noticing that you seem to be needing some help, and I am pretty sure that I am the right man for the job. I cant write a resume for ya, but if you take me on I won't let you down. What'ca say?"

[ooc: Guess who's back. Shaper's back. Shapers back Shaper's back, shaper's back,

Last edited:

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
(OOC Ya know, I'm not sure anyone knows how to follow an entrance like that...;))

Jimenez stops and blinks for a moment. "Well, I don't know, Mr... Lovelynn, was it? What sort of qualifications do you have?" He glances around the rest of the group, looking to see their reactions.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
[OOC: Read Lips: 13 roll + 3 ranks = 16]

As Monte looks across the room to where the young man stumbled, he can make out the the people in the area are suprised by his rudness as he briskly shook off all attempts to help him up, are wondering how a non-member managed to get into the building, and what was he doing here. One person remarks that he saw him in the back of the room during the lecture and another says robbery can't be a motive because there really isn't anything of value to a common thief kept in this building.

Last edited:

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Dr. Schoor looks over the man in the chinese costume. He pulls out a monocle and places it over his right eye. "Mein Herr, have you recently come from the orient?"

Dr. Schoor is interested in the pock marks and redness on the man's neck. A tropical disease perhaps? (Will make a knowledge: medicine and/or tropical diseases roll):D

VorpalBunny

Explorer
[Knowledge (tropical diseases): 15 roll + 9 ranks = 24]

Dr. Schoor immediately recognizes the small red pock marks and protrubances on Monte's neck as the lesions caused by a little-known micro-organism known as Klebsiella malfashionae. Caused by the bite of the rare "tuxedo fly" - (found only in the Orient) it is not necessarily pathogenic or contagious, but it does impart a questionable fashion sense into the infected host.

There is currently no known therapy or treatment for this infection, but luckily it doesn't last for more than a week or two.

:p

Capellan

Explorer
Pickman-Smythe keeps his expression politely blank as he turns to the newcomer,

"And what is it you can offer an expedition, Mr ... ?"

Sathanai

First Post
Griffin blinks, and tries not to stare at the newcomer.. almost succeeding.

"Ah.. hello there"

He blinks again, still wondering what the earlier commotion was about..

Shapermc

First Post
"You question what I can offer to the expedition? I take it that you have not heard of my recent expedition to China then? Well, upon the U getting word of the theft of Susano's fabled sword from the budist temple where he supposedly left it upon leaving our realm, I immeadiatly headed there with my own funding. It was a strange and amazing adventure. While I was there I learned many of the martial arts that I now know and learned to speak a bit of chinese. Not to bore you with my feats of adventure and exploration, lets just say I diden't think that there was a soul that did not hear of me. My acedemic acheivments include extensive research in the Occult, History and especially Archeology. So what do you all think?" Upon looking at the marks you realise that it is not a desease of anysort. It looks like years of misgrowth, shaving scars, and other scars.

Remove ads