• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Puppy-Kicking PCs, OOC, part 2

Telsar

First Post
Sorry for the delay, everyone. A combination of real-life getting in the way, and waiting for Paxus to possibly respond about either the poison needle or the animal following the party.

Brother Shatterstone said:
Telsar, I hate to do it but I just can't seem to find the time to catch up on this game... That and a few other reasons have me wanting to drop this game. :(

That's extremely disappointing :( I really enjoyed the interactions between Accalon and the various NPCs (Loni, Brie, Modrin). If any of these "other reasons" involve how the game is progressing, I'd certainly be willing to try and change things to keep you around. But if it's other distractions, real-life or otherwise, I understand. It's just a game, and there are more important things out there.

And, um, on the subjects of disappointments and people not responding, now that a large part of the group is together (Alicia, Sunedilar, Lydia, Alev, and Gwyn), I notice some people are able to respond everyday just about, and some very seldomly. What's the best way to resolve that? Split up the group further, so those who can post often aren't slowed down by the others? Or NPC people more often when they can't participate?

And is the lack of participation a sign of waning interest? I know it's a bit discouraging for me. One thing I really liked about the original game and characters, was their ability to interact with each other extensively, even without GM participation. But that doesn't seem to be the case now. I'd hate for this game to die, and as long as there are PCs who have things they want to do, it won't, but is there something we can do to keep the players' interest levels up?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Telsar said:
That's extremely disappointing :( I really enjoyed the interactions between Accalon and the various NPCs (Loni, Brie, Modrin). If any of these "other reasons" involve how the game is progressing, I'd certainly be willing to try and change things to keep you around. But if it's other distractions, real-life or otherwise, I understand. It's just a game, and there are more important things out there.

I sent you an email that went over my reasons for leaving but your disappointments are my own also... :(

To continue on just seems forced to me but thanks for the offer. :)

Cepter

First Post
As for myself, I'm finally back! It took forever for me to get a phone hooked up at my new house, so today is my first day back online. Hopefully any kinks will be worked out shortly (like the fact that my computer locks up every time I try to play a game for more than five minutes).

So, what'd I miss?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
For me it's been since the group was so divided I got into the habit of not reading anything that didn't immediately pertain to me, and then I kept missing things, and thinking I didn't have anything to respond to, and then before I knew it a week had gone by... And I started a new job and my internet company is doing some upgrades and the network has been down. So... I have a passel of excuses. But, needless to say I shall try to be more involved in the future. :)

Telsar

First Post
Cepter said:
So, what'd I miss?

Not much. :) Your last post I think was bringing Girdra, the odorous dwarf, to the forest and the party. Girdra says she has a rough idea where the ruins are you wanted to find, and since you never got Aligor's map, that's pretty much the only way to find them. She said you'd have to cross the Glind River (map is here ); she wanted to do it near your destination, near the Norenal Steppe, but the party decided it would be better to travel parallel to the road heading north, then cross the bridge there. After 2 days travel, you're now at that bridge. It's a bit narrow (20'), and 70' above water level, so the mounts need Ride or Handle Animal checks to get them across. And during the 2 days, Gwyn spotted an animal following the group, although he only just now mentioned it to the party.

And that's pretty much where we are. :)

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
And is the lack of participation a sign of waning interest? I know it's a bit discouraging for me. One thing I really liked about the original game and characters, was their ability to interact with each other extensively, even without GM participation. But that doesn't seem to be the case now. I'd hate for this game to die, and as long as there are PCs who have things they want to do, it won't, but is there something we can do to keep the players' interest levels up?

I'm still interested in this game, and I'll stay around. Alicia, on the other hand, is easily distracted and has a tendency to wander off when she grows bored. I'm up for a little solo-adventuring if things slow down too much with the rest of the party.

I am still very interested in this game - in my case it is pure real life getting in the way. Since I started this game, I've changed jobs, and my hours worked/week has gone up about 10, plus I'm helping a friend start a new business... I'm just getting swamped.

I still want to continue playing, and I apologize that it takes me so long to post. Although, I've noticed that this is the fastest moving of all the PBP games I have ever been in. :)

I think that you are doing a very good job, Telsar, and this is one of the most highly enjoyable games I have been in. If I am distressing you, though, let's talk about it. :) Email: goddessfallenangel at comcast.net

I am sorry to hear that B.S. is dropping the game, though. :( I never see you online anymore, or hear from you at all! *pout* But I can understand.

Serpenteye

First Post
Hey... Does anyone feel like conquering the world? Driving your enemies in front of you and hearing the lamentation of their women (men, children, puppies)? It's the finest thing in life, you know, if Conan and Alicia are to be believed...

Please take a look at my new game in this forum, I need a lot of powerhungry players.
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105726

---
Sorry for the oot, Telsar .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads