• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Gray Mouser

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
BTW, I suspect that they didn't come back because their van caught fire and was totally destroyed on the way home.

Yikes!

They did save their dice.

Well, at least their priorities are correct ;)

The LAR RPG is more like a mix of the 18th century with super science. The space vessels have sails, fire anti-matter cannpns from open decks, the crews wearing "vacsuits."

It is a lot of fun:)

Man, I remember having a comic book that had a similar setting waaaaay back when I was a kid. Can't remember the title but it was by Mike Grell (of Warlord fame) and the ships had "solar sales" and the characters had not only lasers but swords, as well. I thought it was the coolest. I may have to hunt this game out, Colonel (my wife already thinks I'm a geek for bidding on oop AD&D stuff on ebay so why disappoint her? ;) )

Gray Mouser

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gray Mouser said:
Yikes!

Man, I remember having a comic book that had a similar setting waaaaay back when I was a kid. Can't remember the title but it was by Mike Grell (of Warlord fame) and the ships had "solar sales" and the characters had not only lasers but swords, as well. I thought it was the coolest. I may have to hunt this game out, Colonel (my wife already thinks I'm a geek for bidding on oop AD&D stuff on ebay so why disappoint her? ;) )

Gray Mouser
Close, in the Lejendary AsteRogues game swords are a main sidearm, but there are rocket pistols and rocket rifles, needlers, and even some grenades. The only computers are either mechanical or biological :uhoh:

Cheers,
Gary

Gray Mouser

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
The only computers are either mechanical or biological :uhoh:

Cheers,
Gary

UH, oh! Shades of the mentat from Dune! Darn you, Colonel, just when I thought C&C would be the only new game I would be buying!

Gray Mouser

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gray Mouser said:
UH, oh! Shades of the mentat from Dune! Darn you, Colonel, just when I thought C&C would be the only new game I would be buying!

Gray Mouser
Not to worry!

TLG will be publishing the LejendaryAsteRogues books and campaign setting, Kowloon Wharf Space station, so you'll need onlt three core rules books and the setting package to become the Lejend Master for the genre :lol:

Cheerio,
Gary

gideon_thorne

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Not to worry!

TLG will be publishing the LejendaryAsteRogues books and campaign setting, Kowloon Wharf Space station, so you'll need onlt three core rules books and the setting package to become the Lejend Master for the genre :lol:

Cheerio,
Gary

Oh good. A game/setting that sounds like I can use much litterature material from Simon R Green's Deathstalker novels for.

A good series if your into the Space opera/ Star Wars genre. :)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
gideon_thorne said:
Oh good. A game/setting that sounds like I can use much litterature material from Simon R Green's Deathstalker novels for.

A good series if your into the Space opera/ Star Wars genre. :)
Sadly I must confess i am ignorant of the"Deathstalker" novels referred to....

The Lejendary AsteRogues RPG is one that can be played on many levels, from nitty-gritty espionage in teeming cities to space opera settings of all sorts, including pirates, the hunting of space beasts, exploring for unclaimed astral bodies in the Trans-Saturnian or nearer Asteroid Belt. It can be played as a game of fleet space battles, commercial enterprise, or feature diplomacy and roleplaying. In fact, an ambitious LM with s sufficiently large and flexible group can cover the whole gamut in the campaign :cool:

Cheers,
Gary

gideon_thorne

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Sadly I must confess i am ignorant of the"Deathstalker" novels referred to....

Gary

Consider it a book recomenedation then. That series and the Hawk and Fisher novels by the same author, Simon R Green. I make the recomendation based on knowledge of your taste for good literature. :)

Gray Mouser

First Post
Hey Colonel, I was wondering about the setting for the Lejendary AsteRogues RPG. Is earth going to be involved in anyway or is it set "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away"?

Gray Mouser

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
gideon_thorne said:
Consider it a book recomenedation then. That series and the Hawk and Fisher novels by the same author, Simon R Green. I make the recomendation based on knowledge of your taste for good literature. :)
Next book buying spree I have, likely soon, I'll search for Simon R. Green novels. Thanks for the tip :D

Ciao,
Gary

gideon_thorne

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Next book buying spree I have, likely soon, I'll search for Simon R. Green novels. Thanks for the tip :D

Ciao,
Gary

Speaking of good stories. Whats your opinion, good, bad, or indiferent on the Thieves World anthologies? Which, btw, have started up again with some new and several old authors. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads