• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Facing Truth OOC

Pebele

First Post
Hey everyone.

I'll be getting a post up this afternoon, but then I won't be around until tomorrow afternoon, at the earliest. I may not be around until Friday, but I don't know for sure.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Yeoman

First Post
I'll be out of town from the 6th until the 12th, so I won't be able to post as frequently as normal. I can still post in the evenings when I return to the hotel though, so no need to ghost me unless I'm slowing you down. Is that ok?

Pebele

First Post
It should be fine. We all seem to be all over on the times when we are able to post, so I don't imagine that it should really slow us down any.

But, I will ghost Catherine if the need arises.

EvolutionKB

First Post
So when we decide to deal with the equipment we found, how are you going to deal with it? Selling for half price? Or straight up trade? Just to confirm, are you allowing Core+completes+eberron for items or are there more books open?

Pebele

First Post
When you trade equipment in to the school, you are given 75% of it's value in credit. So, basically, you get 75% of the items value to buy other equipment and items from the school.

The price given in gold is much, much less.

The books that are open for items:
Core
Complete Series
Eberron
Miniature's Handbook
Races Of Series (I finally got all these)

If there's something that you want from another book, just post and I'll see about it.

Yeoman

First Post
I'm going to go ahead and post tomorrow morning. The trip took a lot out of me. I apologize for the delay. It seems my lungs don't mesh well with an air area blanketed in smoke from wildfires.

Shayuri

First Post
Pebele, I've a question. I'm considering taking a feat to gain a familiar, and wondered what you thought about a familiar that was a construct. The construct type is more powerful than most familiar types, but perhaps if it was toned down in other ways (not having any effective attacks, or having reduced "familiar traits" or not granting any master bonuses, perhaps?) it could still be balanced?

One idea I had was for a cool little "Da Vincian" whirlygig eyeball. Corkscrew helicopter style, with a little eye dangling from the bottom, it's basically just a recon unit/spy. The communication it has with him would be in Artooian beeps and boops, and of course, it would have a feisty disposition. If it still seems like too much, perhaps it's a living construct instead of a full construct...

Just thought I'd open dialogue on the subject in advance of level 6. :)

Pebele

First Post
Shayuri said:
Pebele, I've a question. I'm considering taking a feat to gain a familiar, and wondered what you thought about a familiar that was a construct. The construct type is more powerful than most familiar types, but perhaps if it was toned down in other ways (not having any effective attacks, or having reduced "familiar traits" or not granting any master bonuses, perhaps?) it could still be balanced?

One idea I had was for a cool little "Da Vincian" whirlygig eyeball. Corkscrew helicopter style, with a little eye dangling from the bottom, it's basically just a recon unit/spy. The communication it has with him would be in Artooian beeps and boops, and of course, it would have a feisty disposition. If it still seems like too much, perhaps it's a living construct instead of a full construct...

Just thought I'd open dialogue on the subject in advance of level 6. :)

It is an interesting concept. I am open to considering it, but first I would need to know what feat you wanted to take. Is it Improved Familiar?

My thought is that we could take one of the familiars that are available, and then tweak it in to being a construct. So, your recon unit could be based on some sort of bird, for example.

Side-note: I immediately thought of Remote from KOTOR 2. I loved that little thing.

Rookseye

Explorer
Pebele, Shayuri, let me know if you'd like to do a little research on construct feats to help out too, I have an issue of Dragon that details construct familiars in good detail. I'd be more than happy to check it out and post anything relevant to what you are looking to do. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads