• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about a feat

Brandis

First Post
Rose King´s Shield

Prerequisites: Avenger or Swordmage, proficiency with longsword.

You gain +2 feat bonus to Endurance checks.
Once per turn when you hit an enemy with an attack power associated with this feat while using a longsword, you gain 5 Temporary hit points. If you ended your turn more than 2 squares away from where you started, you instead gain 10 temporary hit points.

Associated powers : Booming Blade, Focused Fury.

I have a question about the sentence that is in italic.

Do I gain 10 Temps if I move more than 2 squares and then hit an enemy?

Or do I need to firat hit an enemy and then move more than 2 squares to get 10 temps?

I think the first option would be the one ... but i am not so sure.

Thanx a lot!

I don't think it matters. The test is just did you end up more than 2 squares from where you started? The way I read it you get the THP at the end of your turn. At that point you ask "did I hit an enemy with one of the listed powers?" and "Did I end my turn more than 2 squares from where I started?" and then get the appropriate number of THPs.

Well, don't feel bad, its not the easiest feat to interpret. Kind of an odd one really. For a highly mobile character its pretty good though. Couple it with something that lets you shift an extra square. Boots of the Fencing Master might be a good choice.

Kingreaper

Adventurer
I thought that as well ... As english is not my mother language, I was not sure if I was interpretating it correctly.

If that's a direct quote: Don't worry, it was written wrong. It can't actually work properly if played purely as written. The intent is there, but the writing is just slightly wrong.

Remove ads