• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

question about shield bash

Xaov

First Post
okay I don't fight with two weapons typically so heres the deal. if I have 2 normal attacks, then if I shield bash do I get my highest attack mod or do I take the full combined mod and sutract the penalties.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Follow the normal Two Weapon Fighting rules.

Depending upon the type of shield and what feats you have, you could attack at:
normal -2/normal -7 and shield -2, normal -4/normal -9 and shield -4 or a variety of other possibilities. The shield bash will always be made at your highest base attack bonus unless you have Improved Two Weapon Fighting (in which case, you get a second shield bash at your second highest base attack)

Lord Pendragon

First Post
For a more visual explanation.

If your BAB is +10 and your strength 18, you have a standard attack bonus with your longsword of:

+14/+9

If you choose to Shield Bash, you get an off-hand attack at your highest attack bonus.

+14

However, you must subtract the penalties for Two-Weapon Fighting from all three attacks. So assuming you have the feat Two-Weapon Fighting, and are using a light shield (which is therefore a light weapon), you'd be at a -2 to your primary weapon attacks, and a -2 to your off-hand attacks:

+12/+7 (longsword) and +12 (shield)

Remove ads