• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question on Augmented Summoning

Lizard

Explorer
Does this feat apply only to Summon XX spells, or does it apply to any arcane Conjuration (Summoning), such as Mad Monkeys?

Dingo333

First Post
Augment Summoning
Your summoned creatures are more powerful and robust.

Prerequisite: Spell Focus (conjuration).

Benefit: Each creature you conjure with any summon spell gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution for the duration of the spell that summoned it

I would assume any spell that was a summoning spell (summon monster 1-9, sna 1-9, mad monkeys and so on) would receive the benefit, arcane or divine

thorian

Explorer
Most people use this feat only on Summon XX spells. The reasoning is that if they meant conjuration (summoning) spells they would have said "summoning" instead of "summon" in the feat.

Lizard

Explorer
As would I. There's no logical reason for it to only work on Summon XX spells. Of course, Calling spells are different; it won't help Planar Ally or critters brought in via Gate.

I think so, too, but I'd like to be sure before I re-stat everything I can summon with a non Summon XX spell...

Remove ads