• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question on rebuking and commanding

I have a couple of questions about rebuking and commanding undead. If you have an item that grants undead pluses to turning that are near you does that same bonus count against you should you lose control of them and try to reestablish control? Same with desicrate.

If your controlling undead (we'll say skeletons for this) and somone casts command undead do you just lose control over them and that's it?

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
Dareoon Dalandrove said:
I have a couple of questions about rebuking and commanding undead. If you have an item that grants undead pluses to turning that are near you does that same bonus count against you should you lose control of them and try to reestablish control? Same with desicrate.

I'd say that if you lose control then the bonus does count against you too.

If your controlling undead (we'll say skeletons for this) and somone casts command undead do you just lose control over them and that's it?

I don't think the spell as written considers dealing with nonintelligent undead that are under someone else's command, so I'd treat it as often happens when multiple people try to magically control someone - opposed Cha checks by the people trying to exert control.

Remove ads