QUESTS OF DOOM For D&D 5E Is Here!

Following up from their recent release of Fifth Edition Foes, the next part of Necromancer Games' D&D 5E-compatible books is here (at least the PDF version is - the harcover is available for pre-order). Quests of Doom is a book of twelve adventures for D&D 5E, coming in at 200 pages, and is part one of a two-part set. The hardcover version hits shelves in April.

Following up from their recent release of Fifth Edition Foes, the next part of Necromancer Games' D&D 5E-compatible books is here (at least the PDF version is - the harcover is available for pre-order). Quests of Doom is a book of twelve adventures for D&D 5E, coming in at 200 pages, and is part one of a two-part set. The hardcover version hits shelves in April.

12 Adventures for Fifth Edition Rules, First Edition Feel!

Necromancer Games is back: are you ready to rock the new edition old-school style?

We put together a team of some of the best adventure-writers in RPG history to ring in the new fifth edition rules with a host of adventures you’ve never seen before (and a couple that you have, but probably didn’t survive anyway). Volume 1 of Quests of Doom contains 12 adventures in almost 200 pages, by Ed Greenwood (Emeralds of Highfang), Bill Webb (Ra’s Evil Grin, Sorcerer’s Citadel, Hidden Oasis, Pyramid of Amra, Sewers of the Underguild), Matt Finch (Hidden Oasis-Temple of Thoth), Jim Ward (Deep in the Vale), J. Collura (Noble Rot), Michael Curtis (The Dead from Above), Casey Christofferson (Ra’s Evil Grin, Sorcerer’s Citadel, Irtep’s Dish), Skip Williams(Death in Dyrgalas), and Steve Winter (Bad Moon Rising).

If you have it, be sure to rate it! Click through for ratings and a link to buy the PDF or pre-order the hardcover.

5476e5492ba9c_full.jpg

Mythmere1

First Post
Will this be available from my FLGS? I like to buy my gaming stuff there if I can. This is exactly the kind of thing that I am looking for for 5e.

Possibly but not probably. We work with a few retail stores, but since we don't go through a distributor the vast majority of stores simply don't know about us. Even stores that do know about us often make their orders exclusively through a distributor's catalog, just for simplicity/tracking reasons. We are making a bit more of a push to get our books to a wider retail market, but there's just a structural problem of the way the distribution chain operates. We're still too small, print-run size, to profit from wholesaling other than on a razor-thin margin. Stores we work with are currently a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the retail market.

Mythmere1

First Post
Wonder why the Pathfinder or S&W version comes $5 cheaper...
http://www.froggod.com/quests-doom-complete-pfsw

PFRPG and Swords & Wizardry versions are in one book, whereas the Kickstarter for 5e didn't hit the stretch goal to have all the adventures in one book. We went ahead and went at risk on the second book, but the reason 2 books with the same content cost more than one book is basically because of the binding. Binding affects the cost of a book more significantly than additional paper.

alfarobl

Explorer
PFRPG and Swords & Wizardry versions are in one book, whereas the Kickstarter for 5e didn't hit the stretch goal to have all the adventures in one book. We went ahead and went at risk on the second book, but the reason 2 books with the same content cost more than one book is basically because of the binding. Binding affects the cost of a book more significantly than additional paper.

Thank you... will there be a 5e Complete PDF version?

Mythmere1

First Post
Thank you... will there be a 5e Complete PDF version?
It will be 2 separate pdfs containing a total of all 18 adventures (12 and 6 respectively). The pdfs are free with the books. So 5e players will have all 18 adventures in 5e format -- the only difference is that they're broken into the 2 volumes instead of all being in one file/book.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Any chance you will do a review of one or more of these adventures? I would certainly find it really valuable. :)

Ahem. I've got one tiny little problem with reviewing Quests of Doom. And that's because my name is in the book. My role in producing Quests of Doom was extremely minor, but I think Bill and Matt (and everyone else at the Frogs) might be a little put out if my reviews ended up being "Worst book ever!" and you (rightfully) shouldn't trust my reviews saying "Best book ever!"

However, giving overviews of the adventures? I can do that. Give you an idea of what you're in for.

I'll start looking at the adventures later today.

(I had a slightly bigger role in bringing Fifth Edition Foes to fruition, and a much bigger role with The Book of Lost Spells. The number is not 700).

Cheers!

froggie

First Post
Reviews welcome and encouraged, that being said, Merric did assist a bit in editing, so someone else should do it!

Bill

ps--what do you guys think of my ant adventure!

Remove ads

Remove ads