• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick question about the Shadow Walk spell....

Rezzin

First Post
When casting Shadow Walk, do you move through objects? I guess I am not certain about exactly how you travel via the spell. i.e. If casting in the Underdark, can you Shadow Walk to the surface through stone?

Would this also thwart the faerzness (impedes teleportation) effect of the Underdark?

Rezzin

First Post
The spell says you travel normally at 50 mph on the verge of the shadow and material plane. The shadow plane is just a shadowy material plane that may differ in areas but is relatively the same. ( as I understand it)

The "traveling normally" is what confuses me.

"The effect is largely illusory, but the path is quasi-real. You can take more than one creature along with you (subject to your level limit), but all must be touching each other.

In the region of shadow, you move at a rate of 50 miles per hour, moving normally on the borders of the Plane of Shadow but much more rapidly relative to the Material Plane. "

Rezzin

First Post
Why not? Those objects exist on the material plane, where you aren't. Also, it is not a teleportation spell.

Actually, as I understand it from Manual of the Planes, The Shadow Plane is just a shadowy duplicate of the Material Plane with certain varying degrees of difference - but in whole, is very similar to The Material Plane. So if you cast the spell underground, then you would still be underground unless that specific area in the Shadow Plane is different than it material counterpart.

I still do not know how to rule this in regards to my original question.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads