• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Rogue Quiz

Remathilis

Legend
Ok, I'm an 17th level rogue/1st level shadowdancer (BAB 12/7/2) with oppertunist, two-weapon fighting, and combat reflexes. Me and my 18th level fighter buddy (BAB 18/13/8/3) flank a creature. Both he and I hit on all our attacks that round.

How many sneak attacks did I do in this round?

Last edited:

Alpha Polaris

First Post
Remathilis said:
Ok, I'm an 17th level rogue/1st level shadowdancer (BAB 12/7/2) with oppertunist, two-weapon fighting, and combat reflexes. Me and my 18th level fighter buddy (BAB 18/13/8/3) flank a creature. Both he and I hit on all our attacks that round.

How many sneak attacks did I do in this round?
Assuming the fighter is already in flanking position at the beginning of your turn, you can land four sneak attacks (3+1 for two-weapon fighting). If the fighter hits and deals damage at least once on his subsequent turn, uou get one extra attack with opportunist, and it is still a sneak attack. However

the SRD said:
Even a rogue with the Combat Reflexes feat can’t use the opportunist ability more than once per round.
So even if the fighter pummels the crap out of your quarry, you still only get one sneak attack for being an opportunist killing machine with combat reflexes. Then, if ever the baddie tries something stupid and provokes attacks of opportunity, you get extra attacks, which are sneak attacks as long as he's still between you and your buddy.

Remathilis

Legend
I thought as much, but was just making sure each of those attack are sneak attacks...

Ultimate total (with all hits) 5 (3 BAB +1 off hand +1 Oppertunist). Thats 45d6 sneak attack damage...

;)

shilsen

Adventurer
Remathilis said:
I thought as much, but was just making sure each of those attack are sneak attacks...

Ultimate total (with all hits) 5 (3 BAB +1 off hand +1 Oppertunist). Thats 45d6 sneak attack damage...

;)
Yup, they're all sneak attacks. Ain't it sad how that 45d6 drops to 0d6 if your enemy happens to be undead, a plant, an ooze, wearing fortification armor, etc :)?

Planesdragon

First Post
Alpha Polaris said:
So even if the fighter pummels the crap out of your quarry, you still only get one sneak attack for being an opportunist killing machine with combat reflexes. Then, if ever the baddie tries something stupid and provokes attacks of opportunity, you get extra attacks, which are sneak attacks as long as he's still between you and your buddy.
Nope. Opportunity is a special ability that lets you make an Attack of Opportunity--and you can only ever make one AoO per target per round.

Bauglir

First Post
Planesdragon said:
Nope. Opportunity is a special ability that lets you make an Attack of Opportunity--and you can only ever make one AoO per target per round.
This was changed in 3.5. It's once per target per opportunity now. If you have combat reflexes (and enough dex), and someone moves through your threatened space, then attempts to cast a spell (not defensively) while still threatened by you, you would be able to take 2 AoOs against them.

Remove ads