• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quirky Food Habits

Tinner

First Post
I dissect my pizza.
Using a fork, I scrape off the cheese, eating it a little at a time.
Then I eat any toppings that didn't come off with the cheese.
Then I scrape off the sauce and eat taht.
I finish be eating the now naked crust.
No idea why I started this. I've been doing it since I was a child.

And yes, when I eat Canadian Smarties (American M&M's) I eat the red ones last.
I try to avoid American Smarties. :D

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
sniffles said:
My fiancee hates ice in sodas. He also puts barbecue sauce on burritos (yuck!). And he smashes potato chips up onto hamburgers occasionally.

I've done that. Good stuff. I also used to make up a batch of tuna (ya know, mayo, eggs, pickles, tuna) and put that on a burger. I was making surf and turf before I ever heard of the term!

buzzard

First Post
I'm not sure how many of you have seen them, but places that carry gag gifts like Spencers often have gimmicky ice cube thingys. For example I once bough my mother some golf ball ice cubes for Xmas (not the main gift of course). They are basically just plastic shells with water inside them that you freeze and use instead of ice cubes. You get the cold without the watering down. This should be handy for all you folks that hate your drinks watered down. They are, of course, re-usable.

buzzard

Azul said:
Maple syrup comes in different grades. The darker syrups are boiled down longer, making them thicker and most intense in flavour (and yes, sweeter).

Oh yeah! I love grade B syrup-dark, thick, and very mapley! Most people only use it for cooking, but damn, it's the one I like best.

Azul said:
As an old stock Quebecois, I'm of the opinion that a proper hearty breakfast should be drowned in maple syrup... the ham, bacon, eggs, beans... you name it. And you dip your toast in the egg yolk-bacon fat-maple syrup mess... yum! Of course, I usually only have such a breakfast as a special treat or on holidays. Way too many calories for a desk jockey.

I don't like my syrup to get on my eggs or bacon & sausage. I used to like runny yolk eggs when I was little, but now they need to be cooked hard. And scrambled eggs need to be cooked until they are dry, not runny or wet at all. Most people would consider them to be over cooked, but that's the way I like 'em.

buzzard

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
I used to like runny yolk eggs when I was little, but now they need to be cooked hard. And scrambled eggs need to be cooked until they are dry, not runny or wet at all. Most people would consider them to be over cooked, but that's the way I like 'em.

As an odd set of egg preferences, I like my scrambled eggs browned in fact (dry of course), but like a runny yolk on a fried egg to dip toast in. I also prefer old fashioned caesar salads using coddled eggs.

buzzard

ssampier

First Post
Torm said:
Take a glass mug, run it under the faucet but don't leave any water in it, and stick it in the freezer. Half an hour or more later, you have the perfect receptacle for milk. Or tea. Or anything else you want to drink cold. :)

I know - "duh." :p

That works. I need some of those thick, tall glasses similar to the A&W glasses.

As for beer, I prefer it out of the bottle, especially the Guinness with the do-hickey.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads