R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
The lady then gives a small curtsy and leaves you alone. One of the children, the oldest boy, shyly approaches Tor. He looks up at the large man, festooned with scars and wrapped in an imposing spiked chain, then back at his cohorts, who are encouraging him from the safety of the foyer. "Are you a...bar...bab...barb...a wildman?" the child finally blurts out.

ooc: Festooned with scars? I assure you the wounds I've recieved have all been tended by competent healers. I don't believe Tor has much in the way of visible scars.

"I'm from the mountains." Tor says, kneeling down to speak to the child as near to eye to eye as he can. "They are a wild place, but that does not make me a wild man. I do know my way around in the woods and such, though. Have you ever run through the woods, or fished in a forest stream?"

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Hey, I'm claiming poetic license on that one. :) I've changed it to better suit your characterization, Patlin.

The little boy stares at Tor, then looks around at the others. "My dad doesn't take us out of the city much. I'd sure like to see the mountains."

Heckler

First Post
Dungannon said:
The little boy stares at Tor, then looks around at the others. "My dad doesn't take us out of the city much. I'd sure like to see the mountains."

Babette gives the illusionist a sideways glance, raising an eyebrow...

wmasters

First Post
Metrius smiles at the boy, "The mountains are quite a sight, I can assure you. There are a lot of sights in the city as well, of course. I am sure that you have seen many things that none of us have ever dreamed of. Your mother tells us that there are stories about the estate over the road, for example. Do you know any of them?"

Patlin

Explorer
"I'm sure there is much to see in the city, but if you ask your father nicely, perhaps he can take you fishing some time. Every boy should get to catch a fish." Tor smiles.

Dungannon

First Post
The boy smiles, dreaming of mountain streams, when Myra returns carrying a serving tray. "Come now, Bert, don't be bothering these people. They're doing important work for the Council."

She sets the tray down on a table and ushers young Bert out of the room, sending him to do some chores. "I'm sorry about that, the children are just curious is all." She indicates the tray while continuing with a small grin of embarrassment, "Help yourself to some cool water, I've also brought some biscuits if you're hungry."

Dungannon

First Post
Myra nods her head, "Yes, yes, I appreciate your kindness to the little ones. And you are more than welcome for the water and biscuits, it's the least I could do. Now if you will excuse me, I have some work to tend to. Harrold should be back in a little bit." She gives another small curtsy and exits the sitting room, leaving you alone for the time being.

Remove ads