R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

wmasters

First Post
"Well, no sign of a sewer entrance here. Curious what she said about the estate over the road though. I wonder if anything was actually taken this time?"

Heckler

First Post
"Hopefully we'll be able to check the room the window leads to, there may be a sewer entrance there. I'm wondering if the whole window thing is meant to be a distraction and keep us away from the sewer. I really hope I'm wrong, though, I can't say I'm looking forward to going down there. Much better up here where they serve you biscuits."

"As for the neighbors, I don't see anything that ties them in with what we're looking into. They may be tied into something else entirely, or they may just be...weird."

Dungannon

First Post
The group quietly discusses their situation, enjoying the water and biscuits, and generally passing the time. Suddenly a commotion occurs outside the room. The children all come yelling and screaming into the foyer. Shouts of "Papa!" and "Pappy!" fill the air as the kids are obviously excited about something. A few seconds later the front door opens and the group hears a commanding voice, "What's all this, then? When did my nice, quiet grandchildren turn into wailing banshees?" The declaration is followed by a deep laugh that is quickly joined by several higher pitched ones. It would seem that Harrold, the patron of the Nightingale family, is home.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon, arms crossed in front of his chest, leans against a wall. When Harrold enters, he narrows his eyes at the man, but says nothing.

Dungannon

First Post
Tor said:
Hello, Sir. Might we speak with you?
Harrold looks at Tor, mild surprise evident on his face. "And who might you be?"

"He's a mountain man, Papa!" Bert adds helpfully.

Myra comes rushing out of the interior of the house at that moment, obviously chagrined at not being allowed to make proper introductions. "Welcome home, father. These people are investigating the burglary we suffered." She takes a little girl from Harrold's arms and shoos the rest of the children to other parts of the house as she completes the introductions. Harrold nods his head and motions to the sitting room.

"So, you're investigators, eh? Well, I'm always glad to be of assistance to the City. I'm sure Myra gave you the generalities of what happened, so how can I help you?"

Patlin

Explorer
"We'd like to have a look around at any areas the burglars had access to, especially the point of entry. At other scenes, it appeared the burglars made some use of the sewer systems, so we'd also be interested in knowing whether there is an access point to the sewers nearby, and if not where the nearest one might be found."

wmasters

First Post
Moving to shake Harrold's hand in greeting, "Metrius Pinch, sir. A pleasure to meet you. I apologise for the barrage of questions. If there was anything unusual you can recall around the time of the breakin, it would be most useful to know as well."

Dungannon

First Post
Harrold sits down and tries to absorb everyone's questions and comments.

"The break in occured, let's see, ten days ago I guess. The burglar apparently entered the house through a basement window sometime in the dead of night. Once in the basement, they would've had access to the entire house. As for what was taken, it was mainly jewelry and coins. I keep a strongbox in the basement and it was rifled through. Whoever it was knew what they were doing. Left the cheap stuff behind, only taking the platinum coins and most valuable pieces of jewelry. As for the sewer, the only to access it from inside the house is the lavoratory here on the first floor. A pipe runs from it, through the basement and down into the system below. I don't see how anyone could use it, though. The pipe's less than a foot in diameter."

Remove ads