• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Heckler

First Post
"Its okay, Fimble. This isn't the first time I've gotten dirty. Besides, I know a little cantrip that'll clean that right up once we get out of here. Now, gentlemen, shall we continue?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

OOC: Yes, if we're moving on. I was kind of waiting for Gideon to tell the others what's in that sblock. I still haven't read it. =P

Patlin

Explorer
"Let's look around a bit more carefully here first." Tor suggests. "There may be eggs we should burn, and it's possible the spiders have had prior victims who may have had a few trinkets."

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Sorry about my sudden absence folks. My mom had to go out to a clinic in Seattle for some tests, and they needed someone to head over to their place and keep an eye on my grandfather. Everything looks to be ok, and I'm back now.

Gideon rubs the bite mark briefly with a pained look on his face, but then he shrugs it off and prepares to move on.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

After Tor voices his suggestions, Fimble looks into the holes from which the spiders emerged. "So maybe somebody, perhaps someone small, should go... exploring?" He puffs up his chest in an attempt to be brave, but his trembling fingers say otherwise. Nevertheless, he is determined to face his fears, not only of giant spiders but of darkness and tight spaces. He motions for someone to hand him a torch so he can burn his way through any webs. He also asks if anybody has any rope, so he can tie it around his waist in case he falls or needs to be pulled back.

Dungannon

First Post
Fimble, armed with a torch and secured by a sturdy rope, explores the small tunnels the spiders came from. The going is slow so it takes some time, but the gnome is able to confirm that no other spiders reside in the tunnels and in fact they become smaller further in. No eggs are found and the only sign of other victims are the emaciated bodies of rats. The whole exercise takes about a half hour by Metrius' count before Fimble, now much dirtier but a little more confident in himself, pronounces the area safe.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads