• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Still a little shaken from his little exploration, but more than a little proud of himself, Fimble's piping gnome voice trembles a bit as he speaks. "Well, I'd venture to guess that this passage has seen little recent use. It may lead us to a little-known back entrance to wherever they're hiding out, which would be perfect, but it may also lead us in the complete opposite direction. Our system of exploring every odd end of the sewers will be thorough, but it may also be impractical. This is a large city, and I'm sure these tunnels twist for miles. I think we should keep going for a ways, but if things simply become more and more untouched, we may want to turn back and take a different route."

Patlin

Explorer
"Allright, if we don't find something soon let's treat this area as if it had been a dead end and turn around. If we aren't succesfull in our search, we can always come back here and continue our search."

Tor scratches "Beware of Spiders" onto the wall, just to make the place more distinctive, and is ready to continue.

Dungannon

First Post
The party continues on down the main tunnel but finds no sign of intelligent life, merely a few more webs and a handful of dead rats, but these are all normal rats, not the large evil-looking ones you fought earlier. Eventually the tunnel reaches a dead end. All of the branching tunnels they saw were the same size as the ones the spiders were in, or even smaller. You find no other course but to head back the way you came and take the tunnel in the opposite direction.

ooc: I'm going out of town on a mini-vacation. I'll return next Tuesday evening.

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: I'm back, let's return to the action.

You travel down the tunnel toward, according to your best guess, the center of town. You reach a large round chamber, approximately 500 feet in diameter, the floor of which is a good 2-3 feet below you. Several grates let in weak sunlight from above. Based on the sounds filtering down you guess that you are underneath the Market. Other tunnels the same size as the one you are currently in enter this chamber from your left and on the opposite side. Another tunnel exits the chamber to your right, this one even with the floor of the chamber.

Dungannon

First Post
You head down the tunnel to your right, the one that evidently drains out of the central chamber. Just as you begin to head out, Metrius whispers a warning.

"Hold on, I think I saw something watching us from that other tunnel."

Dungannon

First Post
Everyone makes their way out of the tunnel and begins scanning the chamber, concentrating on the tunnel on the opposite end from where they stand. Nobody hears a thing which, given the distance, isn't that surprising. You're just about to re-enter your tunnel of choice when Gideon cries out. "Hey, I just saw something move in that tunnel!"

ooc: the floor of the tunnel is covered in about 2-4 inches of standing water, slime, sludge & other icky stuff. Anything more than half-movement will require a Dex check to remain standing.

Heckler

First Post
Babette will sheathe her dagger and stow her sunrod in her belt so she can draw and load her crossbow. She will then start slowly crossing to the tunnel Gidoen and Metrius pointed out. (They did point out the same tunnel, right?)

Remove ads