R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Have you guys decided what you're going to do? I still have you standing around the northern tunnel entrance, Tor with a "lighted" rock in one hand. Nothing yet has emerged from the southern tunnel where the movement was noticed.

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Babette will try to keep herself midway between Fimble and the fighters.

ooc2: How long since the fight with the rats? Is my Mage Armor still up? (dur. 1 hour)

Dungannon

First Post
Heckler said:
ooc2: How long since the fight with the rats? Is my Mage Armor still up? (dur. 1 hour)
ooc: No, your Mage Armor expired shortly before you first reached this chamber.

Tor & Gideon, sensing no further activity from the far tunnel, slowly make their way toward it. Babette follows slowly several feet behind while Fimble & Metrius stay near the entrance to the northern tunnel.

ooc: Let me know how close you plan to get to the southern tunnel, please.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Heck, let's just keep going till we get there or something happens. Also, Tor has combat reflexes, so if he's surprised he can still respond if the bad guy triggers an AOO.

Dungannon

First Post
As Tor and Gideon close the distance on the southern tunnel they can see something moving just inside of it. The light from the rock glints off a pair of eyes, maybe more than one. As the adventurers get within 100 feet of the tunnel a rush of activity starts as a dozen dire rats spill out of the tunnel entrance, hissing and snarling at the intruders into their space. They don't attack immediately but make it clear that violence is imminent of the party comes any closer.
Patlin said:
ooc: Heck, let's just keep going till we get there or something happens. Also, Tor has combat reflexes, so if he's surprised he can still respond if the bad guy triggers an AOO.
ooc: since both sides were aware of something there is no surprise round. Initiative, everyone! :]

Remove ads