R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Initiative (1d20+3=12)

"How does anyone live down here?" Fimble whispers to himself. These rats aren't worth his spells, but there are enough of them that they can't all engage his companions at once. He draws his crossbow and loads it.

Dungannon

First Post
The rats begin to fan out slowly, snarling at the adventurers. Metrius begins to slowly make his way up toward his companions while Fimble readies his crossbow. Babette takes advantage of the distance between her and the vermin to conjur magical protection for herself. Tor & Gideon grip their weapons with determination and hold their ground.

ooc: here's a map showing the situation, Fimble & Metrius are off the top of the map. Metrius is 65' behind Babette and Fimble is 80' behind Babette. Remember, anything more than ½ movement will require a Balance check due to the water & sludge.
sewercombat.jpg

[sblock=crunchystuff: ]
Initiative
Rat #4 = 15
Rat #7 = 15
Rat #6 = 14
Rat #2 = 12
Rat #5 = 12
Metrius = 12
Fimble = 12
Gideon = 11
Rat #1 = 10
Rat #9 = 10
Rat #12 = 10
Rat #3 = 7
Rat #8 = 7
Rat #10 = 5
Rat #11 = 5
Tor = 4
Babette = 2
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble moves a little closer to get a better sight on his targets. He also edges slightly towards the pillar closest to him on the left, hoping to get an angle so he won't have to shoot through his friends. His aim is decent, but by no means fantastic. He whispers loudly to Gideon, "Incoming!" as he lets loose a bolt from his bow. He swears in gnomish as it veers (1d20+3-1=6, 1d6=2) widely to the left, not even coming close to a target. Slightly embarrassed, he reloads quickly.

OOC: Move, fire at one range increment penalty, rapid reload. (I can fire through friendly squares as long as they're not engaged in melee, yes?)

[sblock=Note: ]On my character sheet, Fimble's crossbow atk bonus is +4, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. I just made it +3 for now (his Dex bonus) but does anyone have any ideas? You can tell I never play small characters. =P [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Looks pretty big and open. Is it still too tight for Tor to use his chain?
ooc: Nope, there's plenty of room for Tor to weild his chain here. Of course that will mean dropping the lighted rock into the water but there's enough filtered sunlight right now that it won't make much of a difference.

Remove ads