R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
The rats continue to bite at Tor and Gideon, scoring a couple of hits on the chainwielder and one on the fighting mage. Tor takes an opportunistic swing at a new target that enters his range but misses.

Fimble continues to slowly approach the battle, firing his crossbow with his usual accuracy. "I have a potion of healing!" he shouts, letting his companions know that he has other ways of assistance.

Gideon drops the torch, deciding protection is worth more than the additional light, replacing it in his offhand with his shield. Feeling better, he lunges out with his sword at the rat in front of him again, but this time the blade fails to find its target.

The remaining rats snap their jaws foward, another finding a weak spot in Tor's armor. Gideon escapes unscathed now that he's properly outfitted.

Tor whips his chain at one of the injured rats attacking him, dropping it in the muck. Using the power of the followthrough he manages to drop another injured rat, reducing the threat even further.

Babette takes a breath to steady herself, steps up slightly, and lets loose another bolt. This one finds a target, grazing the shoulder of a rat coming ever closer to her.

sewercombatmap7.jpg

end of round 5

[sblock=crunchystuff: ]
Rat #4 bite attack on Tor = 15, damage = 2
Rat #7 bite attack on Gideon = 24, crit confirmation = 11 (unconfirmed), damage = 4
Rat #6 moves forward
Rat #2 bite attack on Tor = 22, damage = 1
Rat #5 moves forward, enters Tor's range.
Tor AoO on Rat #5 = 12
Metrius moves forward
Fimble moves forward, crossbow attack = 9
Gideon longsword attack on rat #7 = 9
Rat #1 bite attack on Tor = 20, damage = 2
Rat #12 moves forward
Rat #3 moves forward
Rat #8 moves forward
Rat #10 bite attack on Gideon = 15
Rat #11 bite attack on Gideon = 12
Tor attack on rat #4 = 21, damage = 9
Tor cleave attack on rat #2 = 17, damage = 9
Babette steps forward, crossbow attack = 15, damage = 1
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble fires at the rat moving towards Babette. His shot is awful, and it swings far to the left. He curses, "Rats! By the gods, I'm an illusionist, not an archer, not a spellunker!" He reloads and moves in closer.

Dungannon

First Post
More rats move up on the others while Gideon fends off a bite attack from the rat in front of him.

Fimble fires another bolt as he continues to slowly make his way up.

Gideon swings his sword but fails to connect with the snarling rodent biting his knees.

A rat moves in on Tor who takes advantage of on opening to strike it with his chain. The hit tells, but fails to stop the rat from closing up and biting Tor deep on the leg.

Another rat moves forward as two more forms exit the south tunnel. These are humanoid, in fact one of them is human. The other is a gnome. Both are recognizable, Otto and Drezel. "You should've left my town. I tried to tell you, and now you're going to pay!" the gnome yells.

The remaining rats surrounding Tor and Gideon lunge forward with teeth bared. Tor suffers another minor bite.

Tor responds by dropping one of the rats that bit him, using the followthrough to drop one of the rats menacing Gideon.

Babette appears nonplussed by the appearance of the others, firing her crossbow at the advancing rat again. Her earlier success isn't repeated however, as the bolt sails wide.

end of round 6

sewercombatmap8.jpg

[sblock=crunchystuff: ]
Rat #7 bite attack on Gideon = 13
Rat #6 moves forward
Rat #5 moves forward
Metrius moves forward
Fimble crossbow attack on rat #3(miss), reload, 5' step forward
Gideon longsword attack on rat #7 = 9
Tor AoO on rat #1 = 16, damage = 9
Rat #1 moves up, bite attack on Tor = 16, damage = 4
Rat #12 moves forward
Drezel moves forward
Otto moves forward
Rat #3 moves forward
Tor AoO on rat #8 = 8
Rat #8 moves forward
Rat #10 bite attack on Tor = 20, damage = 1
Rat #11 bite attack on Gideon = 10
Tor chain attack on rat #10 = 15, damage = 12
Tor cleave chain attack on rat #11 = 21, damage = 13
[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Chain attack on Rat #1 (1d20+7=27, 2d4+4=7) Critical Threat!
Critical confirm and possible cleave on rat #5 (1d20+7=18, 2d4+4=11, 1d20+7=10, 2d4+4=11)

Tor obliterates Rat # 1, dealing 18 damage, but isn't able to succesfully follow through with his cleave attack.

ooc: I'm considering stepping back to the spot I left, but as the rats go before me it's hard to say. Tor prefers to keep as many rats as possible at 15' away, so that they can't attack with a 5' step. Please have him take a 5' step with that in mind.

[Sblock=Tor's Damage = 13 hp; 31 of 44 hp remaining]
I believe Tor wasn't wounded in the Spider battle.

Round 4: Bite for 2 hp from Rat #2; 1 hp from Rat #1
Round 5: 2hp from Rat #4; 1 hp from Rat #2;2 hp from Rat #1
Round 6: 4 hp from Rat #1; 1 hp from Rat #10

Correct me if I missed some damage!
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble sees his "brother" gnome Drezel enter across the chamber. "Oh dear," he mumbles. Quickly, he reaches down to his leather spell component pouch. He feels the cured leather with his fingers and then brushes his arms and chest with swift motions. The spell completed, Fimble now has a wall of force around his body. He moves forward, determinedly.

OOC: Mage armor, move south.

Dungannon

First Post
Patlin said:
Tor's Damage = 13 hp; 31 of 44 hp remaining
ooc: That is correct. Here is everyone's current HP totals.
Hit Points
Tor = 31/44
Gideon = 5/15
Fimble = 7/7
Metrius = 10/10
Babette = 6/6

Gideon & Metrius are each at -1 STR due to spider poison as well.

I'm just waiting to see if IcyCool is going to have Gideon move after he attacks, I'd hate to NPC him at this point in the combat and do something opposite of what he wants.

Remove ads