• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Race?

Aleolus

First Post
OK, here's the build I have for a character I'm getting started. I'm wanting a race with an insane Cha bonus, with no more than a +1 LA, and as few penalties as possible. The WotC forum recommended an elf variant that gave +2 Wis and +4 Cha for a +1 LA, I'm wondering if there's anything else that would be better. Build given below.

Base Stats (before racial mods): Str 16, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 17
Paladin 5, Hospitaler 2
Fort +13, Ref +5, Will +6
AC 16: 10 + 5 armor, +1 Dex (11 touch, 15 Flat-footed)
Armor: Breastplate
Weapons: Broadsword (need stats for this, as well. Not in the PHB for some reason!), Short Sword, Lance
Feats: Subduing Strike, Celestial Mount, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack
Class abilities: Detect Redemption (instead of detecting evil, it tells me if a creature can be redeemed or not), Aura of good, Smite Evil 2/day, Divine Grace, Lay on Hands, Aura of Courage, Divine Health, Turn Undead, Special Mount.

Last edited:

Aleolus

First Post
...Yeah, I had considered Half Celestial. In fact, I had considered a Half-Celestial Aasimar, which would have a whopping +4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Int, +6 Wis and +6 Cha, but that would have a +5 LA, which would mean I would be a 3rd level Paladin. That's why I'm wanting no more than a +1 LA, so that I can still have a decent class level. I'm wanting to keep the Paladin and Hospitaler levels both, which means I would have to be at least fifth level Paladin.

btw, apparently you guys don't know the Hospitaler real well. Edited out Holy Subdual and Touch of Golden Ice to meet the feat prereqs for it, Mounted Combat and Ride-By Attack.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you've got the patience & space in your PC concept, be a Half-Elf and take the full levels of Half-Elf and Human Paragon. As I recall (the book isn't in front of me), you'll get two +2 stat bonuses, 2 Bonus feats, and +2 levels of spellcaster.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don't have the book in front of me, but you might check out Savage Species.

1) Anthropomorphic Animals have some unusual stat adjustments- you might find one with a Cha bonus you're looking for.

2) The book contains a chart with PC playable monster races sorted by LA...and, as I recall, lists their stat mods.

Also, if you scour the Monster Manuals (and the issues of Dragon listed in http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=189817) for "Planetouched," you might find something that suits you.

Remove ads