[Races of Stone] Mountain Plate - Typo?

BryonD

Hero
Ferrix said:
pity mechanus gear doesn't require an exotic proficiency... i see they are borrowing ideas from AU

AU should at least ask permission from Green Ronin's Hammer and Helm before AU goes loaning out stuff that it borrowed from H&H.

The Souljourner

First Post
BryonD said:
AU should at least ask permission from Green Ronin's Hammer and Helm before AU goes loaning out stuff that it borrowed from H&H.

Meh. Exotic Armor Proficiency and +1 armor bonus isn't exactly a huge mental leap. Just because someone printed it first, doesn't mean everyone else didn't think of it on their own, too.

-The Souljourner

BryonD

Hero
The Souljourner said:
Meh. Exotic Armor Proficiency and +1 armor bonus isn't exactly a huge mental leap. Just because someone printed it first, doesn't mean everyone else didn't think of it on their own, too.

-The Souljourner

Um, right.
Which was pretty much the point I was making in response to Ferrix.

Junkheap

First Post
So why would anyone use it instead of mechanus armour? Its the same armor bonus, and you dont need a feat. Also like the earth feats that give you a +1 to damage when you are touching ground along with your enemy. In planar handbook, you take just 1 feat for it and in races of stone you need 2.....

The Souljourner

First Post
The planar handbook was written for 3.0, so it doesn't really apply. There's plenty of 3.0 stuff that's been changed in 3.5.

I definitely think that you shouldn't be able to get better armor than full plate without a feat. And 250gp more is *not* a restriction at all.

However, I agree that the earth touching feats in races of stone are pretty weak.

-The Souljourner

Junkheap

First Post
Planar Hanbook is 3.0???Maybe i am getting the wrong name of hte book, its the first one that started planar sub level for classes, and i also think the first one for mechanus armour, unless MOTP had it as well...I swear planar handbook is 3.5

ecliptic

First Post
I am going to give Dwarves Armor Familiarity feat. Similar to the Weapon Familiarity feat. I think the armor is meant for mithril.

I wouldn't allow anything in the Planar Handbook into my non-planes game.

Last edited:

Remove ads