• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Radiance Monster Hunter (OCC Thread)

Forged Fury

First Post
I do like how the system really plumbed the depths of 3rd Edition for class inspiration. There are a lot of obscure mechanics that I haven't seen in a good long while (truename magic, spirit shamanism, etc).

GreenKarl

First Post
I do like how the system really plumbed the depths of 3rd Edition for class inspiration. There are a lot of obscure mechanics that I haven't seen in a good long while (truename magic, spirit shamanism, etc).

Totally... overall I really like the system... I just wish he would have used some different terminology. Saving Throws being the biggest :)

GreenKarl

First Post
By my reading, we would have to have someone with a basic ability that heals wounds in order for Giuseppe to brew a potion for healing. I may not be understanding the system fully, though. Yeah, the whole vitality = character capability = initial HP pool seems difficult, but I am looking forward to seeing how it plays.

I will have to re-read that...

Forged Fury

First Post
If you look under Brew Potion, it states (bold for emphasis):
You place an ability that you or an adjacent
ally knows
into a potion, salve, oil, pill or similar mix that delivers a
single-use effect to a creature or object.
It's possible that the Order of Shadow may make spellcasters and others available for that purpose, I guess. It's weird though, I would think this would be limited to Magic abilities, but there are example potions where the inputs are mundane abilities.

tglassy

Adventurer
By the 1800s, Texas was an independent nation. I'm from Texas. My character is a cowboy. Can The Republic of Texas be a thing? Please? Pretty please? It would really, really make my day, and would be era appropriate.

In the actual history, Texas was originally part of France, then sold to Spain, then when Mexico rebelled and gained their independence from Spain, it was part of Mexico. Then Texas, which was mostly American colonists at this point, rose against Mexico and won the war, claiming their independence, then about ten years later agreed to join the United States, mostly because the US and Mexico were getting ready for war, and Texas didn't like being in the middle of it.

Remove ads