• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Raiders of Oakhurst Reloaded -- Free 4E Adventure (Ennie Nominated!)

Xorn

First Post
Oh I edited by post last night, but I added the Lost Tomb. Will try to post the Crag before I go to bed tonight.

D'karr

Adventurer
I really appreciated your epilogue with Tucker's Kobolds. Great tribute to a great man. Gary sure did have those Kobolds trained.

D'karr said:
I really appreciated your epilogue with Tucker's Kobolds. Great tribute to a great man. Gary sure did have those Kobolds trained.

Well, truth be told, I believe the actual story is that Tucker's Kobolds were a creation of a DM of Roger E. Moore's named Tucker, while IIRC Gary had a separate set of kobolds who gained experience and became feared as the "Old Guard" kobolds of Greyhawk Castle.

I've kind of combined them together for the purposes of the epilogue. See here for more info.

Xorn

First Post
My apologies on the maps stalling out.

Friday morning I finally broke down and shelled out the bucks for Campaign Cartographer 3, since I spend so much time making maps these days. While it's the schnoz for sure, Dundjinni is a lot easier to use. I'll finish the maps for this by next weekend (I'm running it then, so I have to be done), but don't expect any new maps before say... Wednesday. What I can do in CC3 is going to be awesome, once I figure out the basics. I just made a brief battlemap (inspired by the Kobold Warren) and considering I've barely touched what I can do with CC3, I'm really, really pleased:

Test Battlemap (CC3)

Dundjinni is really powerful though, if anyone is looking at the two. CC3 is capable of more, but you can still do some raunchy good maps with DJ.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Esangue said:
First of all, hello everybody!! :)

I've been lurking here since the release of 3rd edition and I've never posted...

Hi Esangue - you must win the award for longest gap between registering and posting!

Cheers

tovokas

First Post
Thanks for your 'above and beyond' efforts Olgar! (And everyone else who's contributed :) )

While preparing to run the adventure for my group, I whipped up a color version of the environs map that might be of use:

Jack99

Adventurer
tovokas said:
Thanks for your 'above and beyond' efforts Olgar! (And everyone else who's contributed :) )

While preparing to run the adventure for my group, I whipped up a color version of the environs map that might be of use:

That map is just extremely cool made of awesome. What kind of program do you use to make it?

tovokas

First Post
I created the icons for various mapping projects over the years... I think they were originally constructed in Corel Draw, then rebuilt in Photoshop, and finally re-created from scratch as textured/shaded vector shapes in Xara Xtreme. Every month or two I build a few more...

I used to create the land-colored backgrounds, rivers, etc, in Photoshop - but of late I've been doing it all in Xara. (A fine program indeed...)

I have Fractal Mapper, and have tried other mapping programs, but for this style of map I find it faster/easier to just use a general purpose graphics program like Xara. (Once you've worked out your methods) This map came together in about an hour.

Thank you - glad you liked the map. :)

Remove ads