Random Treasure Generator (Version 2 now available)

Appleseeth

First Post
I've just updated the Treasure.zip file on my main page. It now contains items from the Manual of the Planes. Which I'm kinda annoyed with because it's both a player and DM book, but that's beside the point.

Guyanthalas: I haven't been checking the thread lately, so I didn't see your post. I'll be taking a look at your parser soon. I guess the next item book should be the PH2.

Krivvin

First Post
First off, thank you so much. This is an awesome generator. Your hard work has really given a great tool. Good job. :lol:

However, I'm missing something trying to add my own items with the guide. I wanted to add Rituals to it... Is there any more you could tell me? I was just going to use Wondrous Items as the category so i just copied the one immediately above. I've got experience with HTML so i know which tags to copy, but it gives me an error when trying to retrieve the item.

Are you sure there's not an extra step I need to take? I'm not going to ask to add Rituals since that's way too much, but I wouldn't mind being told a way to be able to provide you with it so you could distribute the result.

----

<item itemName="Tome of Spell">
<Level>1</Level>
<Type>Wondrous Item</Type>
<CategoryNum>000</CategoryNum>
<Source>Player`s Handbook</Source>
<Page>200</Page>
</item>

Last edited:

ren1999

First Post
Nice! I've been looking for something like this. Nothing but old treasure generators out there on the net. Thanks for your hard work!

Natespank

First Post
shop generator

You saved my life. Thanks.

The only thing left for me to do is find a generator for merchant's inventory's. Is that something you could incorporate into your program- randomly generate X level Y-Z items in a list including price?

Another poster made such a program, but I need excel to run it and it fails to function in Open Office.

Remove ads