Random Treasure Generator (Version 2 now available)

Guyanthalas

First Post
Another suggestion, it would be kind of swank if it saved which boxes you checked and unchecked on program unload, then re-checked when you loaded the program.

Appleseeth

First Post
I can work on that after I'm done the consumables Guyanthalas. The difficulty is that those lists are dynamically generated. It still shouldn't be too hard though. The question remains though, would it be better to have new items checked, or unchecked?

Appleseeth

First Post
Update Bump: Version 2.3 released, with consumables from the Adventurer's Vault added to the parcel system, as well as bug fixes and some improvements in functionality. Enjoy!

Milamber79

First Post
I found this thread through a google search because i was looking for a shop item generator for 4e D&D and a couple of the members (Orcus Porkus and elwynbdas) on here discussed how this program had plans for it. I downloaded the program and It is a great parcel program but it didn't do the shop items like I wanted. So I decided to make my own. I have posted a new thread on here about it so have a look at it. http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan-creations-house-rules/245046-magik-shope-ver-1-2-generator.html

I would like to thank Appleseeth and Asmor because with out either of you my program would not have been made. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
This thing is great!

Do you plan on adding items from adventures and other magazine material? If so, I can tally some of that for you; I'm glad to help as I plan on using this thing.

Good work Appleseeth

EDIT-These are the first two mags and the items they have by page...I'll fumble through the others (including Dungeon) if you decide to add them. Oh, and I didn't know which of these you might have added yet, so I got them all. Should aid your search through those PDFs a bit.

Let me know if there's anything else i can do to help. I'm like everyone else, I want it all!

Well, here goes

Dragon 364
Page 24, 2 items
Page 34, 2 items
Page 35, 3 items
Page 44, 4 items
Page 45, 3 items
Page 52, 3 items

Dragon 365
Page 14, 3 items
Page 15, 3 items
Page 20, 1 items
Page 55, 7 items
Page 56, 5 items
Page 57, 7 items
Page 58, 8 items
Page 59, 10 items
Page 60, 4 items

Last edited:

Guyanthalas

First Post
... My original plan for the Random Treasure Generator was to stick to the major sources of magic items, like Bazaar, PH and AV. I know I hate hunting around in books, especially PDFs for one item. ...

On the other hand, if you'd like to add some items of your own, send me an email and I can give you instructions, based on the types of items you'd like to add.

Have you thought about maybe posting a "How-To" file to incororate those items into XML format? Then maybe people from the ENWorld/GleeMax communities could make there own .XML files. After that, they could post them on here, and you could give them a quick once over before posting on the main thread or soemthing?

Appleseeth

First Post
I just got my D&D Insider account, so I'll be adding in the few items from the latest Bazaar article this coming week, it shouldn't take too long. After that, yes, I will finally be getting to writing a quick how-to guide for adding your own items. Maybe if I get really bored, I'll even write a program to add items. Actually, that will definitely be on the docket eventually, as the random store has already been taken care of.

Appleseeth

First Post
Just a quick update: I've added in the items from the latest Bazaar of the Bizarre in Dragon 369, as well as a guide to adding your own items. These can be found in the Treasure.zip file at the bottom of my page. Enjoy.

Appleseeth

First Post
Yet Another Update Bumb: I've added some more magic items, some from the Adventurer's Vault 2 playtest, and a Tom Andre Vibeto put together a set of items from the Buck-a-Batch Magic Armors and sent them to me, so those are in there as well. Enjoy.

Guyanthalas

First Post
Alright, I scripted out an automatic item parser for use with file lists like they do in the PHB, AV, ect... (Yes, my Christmas is that damn jolly... ;))

Basically it takes a text file list that looks like this:
Code:
[LEFT][B][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold][SIZE=1]8 Scintillating +2 3,400[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold][B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]12 Feytouched +3 13,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]13 Scintillating +3 17,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]17 Feytouched +4 65,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]18 Driftmetal +4 85,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]18 Scintillating +4 85,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]22 Feytouched +5 325,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]23 Demonwrought +5 425,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]23 Driftmetal +5 425,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]23 Scintillating +5 425,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]27 Feytouched +6 1,625,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]28 Demonwrought +6 2,125,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]28 Driftmetal +6 2,125,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=MentorSansStd-Bold]28 Scintillating +6 2,125,000[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]

And sorts it into the XML format needed (after a few prompts for information).

Perhaps this will cut down on processing time?

Also, if I understood how the Category Numbers worked, I could probably automate the item type a little better. Any chance on a description of how item type works?

There is a readme, executable, and source code in the zip file.

Attachments

• ItemParse.zip
    271.6 KB · Views: 68

Remove ads