• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Random Treasure Generator (Version 2 now available)

Guyanthalas

First Post
And yes, I do plan on buying the books. It's such a chore to look through a PDF while playing and also the player's need something to look through.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like you were not going to do so. It was more of a plug for anyone reading to assume that I was just pirating all the books and therefor condoning the activity. :lol:

Appleseeth

First Post
Update pseudo-necro bump: I've completed the next iteration of the random treasure generator. It now includes the ability to select item types, sourcebooks, weapons and armor to include in the horde. I'm only calling it 1.9 for now, 2.0 will be when I've got the AV items in there. Once again, I'll put out the call for what I could do to make it even better. Enjoy.

tintagel

Explorer
I just wanted to say that this program is a godsend. It's saving me a ton of time in preparation. I use it with Google Notebook to create individual parcel "notes" which I can then drag & drop into categories, or into other notebooks. My PCs have shared access to a notebook of PC treasure, and I can drag-drop the treasure parcels to them and they can sort it from there. Pretty kewl. (see attachments)

I do have a suggestion for you though: Since 4E encourages useful items over random ones, could we have an ability to re-roll a specific item? Or at the least, could we get an item level printed next to each item? That would give the DM an easy guide to use for substituting another item he might want. Right now, the DM has to go to the sourcebook and look up the level, which erodes the usefulness of this handy tool.

Thanks, and I can't wait to get the AV items in. That book is simply essential to any campaign.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_05.jpg
    ScreenHunter_05.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 94
  • ScreenHunter_06.jpg
    ScreenHunter_06.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Appleseeth

First Post
It shouldn't be too hard to add the item level beside the item, so I'll get that done at the same time as I release the AV items. Even I have experieced the need for the item levels as well, as my party has grown, and I needed to throw in some more items, I realized that I couldn't tell what level of item it was I was giving them when I rolled up a new one.

I'm always glad to hear from users.

Also, what is the interest level in me adding in some more treasure parcels with the consumables included? Such as 100 gp, a 500 gp gem and a 3rd level whetstone?

Last edited:

Appleseeth

First Post
Ok, everything is going pretty well with the AV items. I should have everything ready and posted tonight. What will be missing from the next release will be those consumable parcels, as it will take a while to design those. So that's where you guys come in. If you could, please post a parcel you'ld like to have in there, in the following format:

Level: [The level at which it would be generated] Parcel: [5-10]
Total Value: [The value of all the items in the parcel, in gp or pp for levels 21-30]
Money: [Any money in the parcel, written out, e.g. 200 gp, 50 sp]
Gems: [number and value of random gems, can be omitted]
Art: [number and value of random art items, can be omitted]
Consumables: [Value, number of consumable and name of consumable]

For example (I have no idea if these values conform):
Level: 1 Parcel: 5
Total Value: 260
Money: 110 gp
Gems: (1) 100 gp gem
Consumable: 50 gp, (1) Potion of Healing

Thanks, I'll be putting in whatever you guys post, plus any ones of my own. I hope to put in at least two parcels per consumable.

wagenejm

First Post
Wow, this is incredible. I was looking to do something like this myself, but I've been well beaten to the punch!

I would like to be able to add the various items from the previous magazines, not just the Bazaar article.

One other request I have is the ability to have a function button that would output a full listing of all the items, viewable by the same options as the random items..

Am I asking too much? :)

Remove ads