• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ranger illustration(new update10/21 Goblin King)

eigam

First Post
Here's a ranger I drew, let me know what you think.

ranger2.jpg

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
The anatomy is a bit off (i.e. the head looks a tad disjointed) but the details and the execution are excellent! Great job! :D

jerichothebard

First Post
Really really good! Lots of dynamic interest, great use of the media. Overall, I like it a lot.

If you don't mind a little criticism, though, I will say that the hatching on the left-hand tree is a little rough - it's obvious that you were using short strokes overlapping, all parallel. The shading on the other tree is much more broken up, with a much nicer feel to it.

His right arm - the lower one with the shorter sword - also looks a bit odd to my eye. Due to the fall of the cloak and line of his left shoulder, it looks to me like his right shoulder is twisting back, but if that's the case, I don't think his elbow should be as far down as it is. Unless he has a really long upper arm...

These are just a couple minor quibbles with what is otherwise a really good piece.

Good work!

jtb

eigam

First Post
Update.

Turanil: Thanks Man.
jerichothebard: hey thanks for the crits. I did slack on the one tree, I was rushing it as you can tell. As for the arm, it could probably be back a bit, but I'm happy with it as is.
dungeonmastercal: Thanks man
Ashy: Thanks
Ferret: Thanks
Cthulhu's Librarian: Just got a new piece look below.
Elrik_DarkFury: Yes I did, and Thank you.
I just finished this piece. It started out as two orcs but than I got carried away and added a few more. Let me know what you think.
ORC-MOB2.jpg

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads