• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ranger/Paladin spells earlier than 4th.

Urklore

First Post
I know I read somewhere where there was an alternate class feature or feat that allowed rangers or paladins to get spells earlier, anyone remember where this may be?

Aestolia

First Post
The only thing that comes to mind are the 'Prestige Paladin' and 'Prestige Ranger' from unearthed arcana.

They're 15 level prestige classes, but the reqs are such that you still need to be higher than 4th.

I double checked my completes, so unless there's something in Complete Champion or some other book, there's none that i know of.

Dross

Explorer
Try PHB II where they talk about alternate class packages and swapping some ability for something else (no guarantees though).

Aestolia

First Post
Dross said:
Try PHB II where they talk about alternate class packages and swapping some ability for something else (no guarantees though).

No, PHBII has;
Paladin - Charging Smite (lv 5)
Ranger - Distracting Strike (Lv 4)

Nothing for casting, I just checked ^.^

Urklore

First Post
Ok, I will keep checking. Maybe it was a feat or something from a 3rd party product.

Also, anyone see any feats or abilities where any weapon you wield is considered a magic weapon or gains a +1 enhancement bonus? There was a similair ability you could buy with character points for Planescape back in the old Skills & Powers days of 2nd edition.

Urklore

First Post
Hey I found it!

Dragon Magazine #336
Mystic Ranger in the class acts section.

Gives up animal companion, gets spell use starting at 1st level.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads