• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ranger's Companion and Communication

First post - brand new to forum. Played DnD last in the 90s and now returning to it after a long absence. Man, I missed playing - when it goes and flows, it can be really fun.

I have searched on this forum to see what others think but content on ranger companions centers on stats and combat. I have a new player and work colleague in my homebrew who is using the latest test play update unearthed arcana rules for his Ranger. He just made 3rd level and I have given him a wolf for his companion. Now he is asking about communication:

Full communication up to 1 mile. Beyond that, only a knowledge of the direction where the other is and is it close or far.

Probably not doing that but wondered if anyone has thought about or has something that talks about the communication between a Ranger and its companion. Mostly what can the companion communicate back? and does communication go beyond normal voice, etc?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads