• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RANT]Are small races shafted?

jontherev

First Post
you misunderstand my gripe

Guys, I'm not ranting because I think halflings should be able to wield weapons that do as much damage as large weapons. That would be absurd. I'm just not happy that halflings only have a couple of choices of weapons to weapon finesse. And all of them are puncturing weapons as well (again, this is without having to take an exotic feat or monkey grip). If there are rules on scaling down weapons, could someone please post a link or give a reference, as I'm not aware of them? If this is part of 3E rules, then my complaint is of course invalid. Believe me, I'm fully aware of how to take advantage of the wee people's assets, i.e. sneak attack, etc. BTW, Moleculo, point your player to the 2-ball Bola instead of the whimpy whip. Make a ranged touch attack and your foe is tripped with no trip check! If he fails a grapple check vs. your attack roll, he's also grappled.:D I believe this will be my halfling rogue's next feat. Thanks for all the replies.

IceBear

Explorer
Don't have any books here at work, but I *think* the rules for scaling weapons up and down is in Sword and Fist (if it's not in the PHB or DMG somewhere).

The rules are in a book published by WotC somewhere, I remember reading them :) just can't remember the exact source but I do think it was Sword and Fist.

IceBear

Last edited:

SableWyvern

Adventurer
SaF p62 has rules for scaling weapons up. Which means if you read the table backwards, you can scale down.

Apparently the table was reproduced from the MM, so it must be in there somewhere to - can't tell you page no. because I haven't got the MM yet.

Last edited:

NeghVar

First Post
Try page 162 of the DMG...part of a project I am working on. I am working on scaling all of the weapons...have a nice little Excel spreadsheet started...

Later!

Cloudgatherer

First Post
I don't think they are shafted at all. Halflings are pretty neat, IMO. +1 to attack, AC, and saves is nothing to turn your nose up at. For some real entertainment, play a halfling cleric and cast divine power on yourself in battle....

The halfling walks up and thwacks the enemy over the head with his 18 strength!

Remove ads