• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rapiers and Rocketships

Jarval

Explorer
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Sounds like a good idea. You've got the best brush-clearing tool, so you should take the lead." Roland speaks loudly but calmy, to the entire group. "Everyone ready to head out?"
Ben takes his compass out of his backpack, and finds north. This done, he starts to clear a path into the undergrowth.

I suppose this direction is as good as any other. After all, we can't get more lost that we are at the moment...

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Jarval said:
Ben takes his compass out of his backpack, and finds north. This done, he starts to clear a path into the undergrowth.

I suppose this direction is as good as any other. After all, we can't get more lost that we are at the moment...

Roland will bring up the rear, keeping an eye out for anyone faltering under the heat or stress.

ajanders

Explorer
Tom Hogan on the march

Radiant said:
Sinead just follows the orders the others give and stays with the rest of the silent survivors.
Tom follows along, looking about him at all the things he's never seen before -- which is probably all of them.
"Hey! Lookit dat...dat..." He scratches his head for a moment. "T'ing.", he finishes lamely, obviously lost for words.

Tars Tarkus

First Post
After a few minutes of rest, Ben and Roland gets the survivors up and moving north into the jungle. For those who have never been in a tropical jungle it is quite the sight. Giant ferns, massive vines draped from tall trees, and brightly colored flowers are among the rich green vegitation that is all around. Strange brightly plumed birds flit from branch to branch. One lands on a log along the "game trail" that you have found and it hisses at you with it's long beak which is lined with needle like teeth and the flys away. Three foot long yellow lizards skitter through the brush as you as you move forward. The jungle is alive with animal noise.

Radiant

First Post
"Creepy, never saw a bird with teeth before."

ajanders said:
Tom follows along, looking about him at all the things he's never seen before -- which is probably all of them.
"Hey! Lookit dat...dat..." He scratches his head for a moment. "T'ing.", he finishes lamely, obviously lost for words.

Sinead smiles while she looks around.
"Strange, just what I thought. By the way shouldn't we be seeing the sea or something?"

dream66_

First Post
There's all manner of strange creatures science hasn't discovered in the worlds jungles. Although I would suspect that to be more in South America than the Caribiean. Pilot, Just how badely off course were we?

Jarval

Explorer
dream66_ said:
There's all manner of strange creatures science hasn't discovered in the worlds jungles. Although I would suspect that to be more in South America than the Caribiean. Pilot, Just how badely off course were we?
"We were bang on course right up until the instruments all went haywire." Ben replies. "And that was no more than two or three minutes before we crashed. We can't be more than ten, maybe twenty miles off our flight path at the very most. Certainly not enough to have taken us to South America.

"Still..." The young Englishman frowns as he speaks. "I don't recognise any of the birds or animals we've seen so far, and I've got a fair knowledge of the fauna of this region. It's all very odd."

Ben falls silent again, focusing on cutting a path through the jungle.

ajanders

Explorer
Tom Hogan, man of ...stuff

Jarval said:
"We were bang on course right up until the instruments all went haywire." Ben replies. "And that was no more than two or three minutes before we crashed. We can't be more than ten, maybe twenty miles off our flight path at the very most. Certainly not enough to have taken us to South America.

"Still..." The young Englishman frowns as he speaks. "I don't recognise any of the birds or animals we've seen so far, and I've got a fair knowledge of the fauna of this region. It's all very odd."

Ben falls silent again, focusing on cutting a path through the jungle.

"Idn't Bermoodah dis little tiny island wit' a lotta water around it an not much else? I kinda got de understanding from da professor here dat if we missed da place, dere wasn't much else for us but sharks an' swimming..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads