• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rapiers and Rocketships

Radiant

First Post
"Don't know, I heard they have giant lizards here too so why not birds with teeth? Still not such a bad place, saw worse ye know. And we're not drowning, won't complain 'bout that."

Tars Tarkus

First Post
The group continues to travel through the tropical forest. Luckly you find what appears to be a game trail of some sort so you don't have to continually hack through the vegitation. After a hour or so, you reach a sharp drop off of about 100 feet or so. Your collective breaths are taken away as a wide plain streches out below you. Herd animals graze in the distance. While you cannot make out what kind of animals they are several stand up on two legs. A few miles away you see a collection of huts surrounded by what looks like a tall wooden stockade. Thin ribbons of cooking fire smoke rises from it. By this village, a wide slow sparkling river snakes it's way into the distance. But what really shocks you is the huge mountain range in the distance. Snow capped mountain the size of what you would expect in the Rocky Mountains dominate the scene. Several of the mountain tops appear to be volcanic as massive plumes of smoke rise from them.

Radiant

First Post
Tars Tarkus said:
The group continues to travel through the tropical forest. Luckly you find what appears to be a game trail of some sort so you don't have to continually hack through the vegitation. After a hour or so, you reach a sharp drop off of about 100 feet or so. Your collective breaths are taken away as a wide plain streches out below you. Herd animals graze in the distance. While you cannot make out what kind of animals they are several stand up on two legs. A few miles away you see a collection of huts surrounded by what looks like a tall wooden stockade. Thin ribbons of cooking fire smoke rises from it. By this village, a wide slow sparkling river snakes it's way into the distance. But what really shocks you is the huge mountain range in the distance. Snow capped mountain the size of what you would expect in the Rocky Mountains dominate the scene. Several of the mountain tops appear to be volcanic as massive plumes of smoke rise from them.

"There did ye day we're flying?"
Sinead stops dead in her tracks, suddenly no longer worried at all that someone might question why she is here at all. She barely manages to keep her faw from hitting the ground right there.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Well, we've found a village, at any rate. I just hope they can speak a civilized tongue." Roland takes the lead, after ensuring that both revolver and rapier are readily accessible; the natives may be restless, after all.

dream66_

First Post
"Amazing..." LeeAnn stands simply stunned at the veiw, "This is no island..."

She stands there for a moment puzzling where they could possibly be before giving that up.

"So how do we get down this cliff and to the village? Once we're there what good do they do us? Food and selter certainly, but they don't seem to know where civilaztion is anymore than we do. I think we're really bad lost."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
dream66_ said:
"Amazing..." LeeAnn stands simply stunned at the veiw, "This is no island..."

She stands there for a moment puzzling where they could possibly be before giving that up.

"So how do we get down this cliff and to the village? Once we're there what good do they do us? Food and selter certainly, but they don't seem to know where civilaztion is anymore than we do. I think we're really bad lost."

"We head along the cliffside until we find a path down. Food and shelter are our top priorities, and if they don't know where we are, we can at least stock up on supplies."

ajanders

Explorer
Tom Hogan

Paxus Asclepius said:
"We head along the cliffside until we find a path down. Food and shelter are our top priorities, and if they don't know where we are, we can at least stock up on supplies."

"Dat works for me." Tom sets off along the cliffside.
"I could use a good steak right about now."

Jarval

Explorer
"I'd like to say, I now don't want to even hazard a guess as to where we are." Ben looks baffled by the mountains in the distance.

"As far as getting down the cliff goes, I think..." Ben tails off, realizing he doesn't know the names of his companions.

"Perhaps we should introduce ourselves to each other? We may be stuck here for some time, and knowing your names would make conversation a little easier. I'm Benjamin Griffin, pilot for hire, formally flying for His Majesty's Royal Air Force." He makes a mock salute, hoping that a bit of levity will encourage his companions.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Jarval" said:
Perhaps we should introduce ourselves to each other? We may be stuck here for some time, and knowing your names would make conversation a little easier. I'm Benjamin Griffin, pilot for hire, formally flying for His Majesty's Royal Air Force." He makes a mock salute, hoping that a bit of levity will encourage his companions.

Roland returns the salute sharply, with a slight air of disdain for Ben's mockery. "Lord Roland FitzAmbrose, Captain in Her Majesty's Royal Dragoons."

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Paxus Asclepius said:
Roland returns the salute sharply, with a slight air of disdain for Ben's mockery. "Lord Roland FitzAmbrose, Captain in Her Majesty's Royal Dragoons."
Ben's manner abruptly changes when confronted by what is (broadly speaking) a superior officer. Without conscious thought, he stiffens to attention, and the salute loses any mocking air.

"Sir. Good to meet you." He says, the mildest hint of tension creeping into his voice. "I should have checked the passenger register before we took off, but I wasn't really expecting any trouble on this run."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads