RA's Ashin's Commission--Grand Finale!

Xael

First Post
Almayce will move and heal Ironwolf if he can do so without drawing an AoO.

OOC: I'm a bit lost on the initiative order, so If it makes sense to delay until somebody probably kills somebody, Almayce would do so, and move in after delaying even if it would draw a single AoO.

CLW Wand heals Ironwolf for 3 points...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: There's two over Ironwolf. Hulgyr can't charge for several reasons, including that there are allies in the way, but the most compelling reason he can't charge is thar being fatigued means he can never charge. He can move up to them and attack, though)

*Hulgyr moves up to the two Afflicted over Ironwolf and slays the first, cleaving through to take care of the second.*

(OOC: Woot, very nice!)

*Almayce moves up and heals Ironwolf, nearly bringing him back to consciousness, as Michael brings healing to his fingertips and backtracks towards Ironwolf's body.*

(OOC: Eternity, and then we go round again)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Eternity flees through the opening Hulgyr has created, turning south and making it a fair distance from the battle down the southern corridor. If she doesn't have a light with her, she is left in total darkness for the moment, until someone else follows.*

*The last Afflicted near the party decides to attack Almayce, since it would have to move too far for a full attack if it went after Zaeryl. However, the claws miss their marks, and only the bite lands, biting out a chunk of the elf's flesh.*

(OOC: For what it's worth, two of those attacks were modified 11 and 12 and I initially thought they had missed--Almayce's AC of 10 and HP of 15 are...interesting for a level 4 character. I still can't believe he survived to level 4 like that. Almayce takes 23 and is now at -8)

*The remaining eight Afflicted in the next wave move forward, two of them dropped by the construct's attacks of opportunity before they can reach the construct blockade, and then they press together into a mob and knock over one of the constructs, swarming past just barely but not far enough to reach the party. There is the sound of more Afflicted in the darkness.*

*Meanwhile, Zaeryl summons another of the weaker constructs.*

"If you can awaken Ironwolf, I suggest doing so and then carrying out Almayce if necessary--the longer we delay, the more dangerous it becomes, and soon these constructs will collapse into puddles of ectoplasm. Eternity has the right idea."

*As one of the constructs finishes the Afflicted that dropped Almayce, there is the sound of fighting in the dead-end hallway. Zaeryl's eyes narrow and he sends several more of his constructs to that hallway, and they begin to attack the foundations and supports, seemingly in an attempt to collapse it. The remaining constructs defeat the six approaching Afflicted, except the two on the end, one of which stands back up and both of which continue their blockade in light of the next wave approaching.*

*Zaeryl concentrates on one final power.*

(OOC: Everyone's turn--Michael could heal Ironwolf up to 5)

Xael

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: For what it's worth, two of those attacks were modified 11 and 12 and I initially thought they had missed--Almayce's AC of 10 and HP of 15 are...interesting for a level 4 character. I still can't believe he survived to level 4 like that. Almayce takes 23 and is now at -8)
OOC: Pfft. Almayce has easily taken the least damage of my characters. The worst he's been off has been at -1 or something once before, and that was pretty much a TPK moment. And I've played 16th level wizards with 12 AC before, HP is a problem though. :p He's had the sense to stay out of melee thus far.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It's...just surprising I guess. You're very lucky that no adventures thus far (including this one) have included humanoids with bows or other ranged-attack-using enemies who would aim at the unarmoured Wizard-looking type first. As to level 16 Wizards with 12 AC, I can only assume a slew of other protective magics including Displacements or Greater Invisibilities, but at that level, the Almayce-ish HP would get you killed by the enemy's opening salvo. Wowzers--15 is low; Zaeryl is a level lower, has d4s instead of mostly d8s, and has more HP ;)

Anyway, it looks like he survived again though!)

ajanders

Explorer
Michael moves to Ironwolf and heals him for 5 points, which should get him back on his feet. If he has any difficulties, Michael gives him a shoulder to lean on, somewhat dubiously.
"Whoa up, Hulgyr!"
Michael will attempt to chase Hulgyr down, convert his detect magic spell to cure Minor wounds, and get Almayce stabilized.
That probably lasts into next round, though.

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity pauses in her haste to get out of trouble and turns to look back towards the group. She can't see forward, but what can she see looking back towards the group? As she goes first in the round, she'll probably delay until someone else emerges. But that depends if there are any more Afflicted in sight/range.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think Michael actually heals Ironwolf for 7 points as per the post about converting the Spiritual Weapon, right?)

*Michael heals Ironwolf, who wakes up and can do something, as Hulgyr carries Almayce away and Almayce bleeds all over the orc. Hulgyr moves close to Eternity, and unlike Eternity, he can see just fine with his Darkvision. Eternity waits for the others.*

(OOC: Eternity still delaying (no Afflicted around just yet) Oh--I forgot that two Afflicted that had not been killed woke up last round, but I rolled AoOs and they were killed, so it didn't matter

Ironwolf can go now--he's on the ground next to Michael. Eternity can stop delaying if she likes also)

Remove ads