Votes: 1 2.5%

Votes: 2 5.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
glass said:
Is CE definitely going to be in the Christmas Special? Maybe it an The N Doctors style thing like they used to do for specials?
They could do a The Six Doctors special with the later Doctors: Peter Davisson, Colin
Baker, SylvesterMcCoy, Paul McCann, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennent.

Could fill in some of the gaps in the Seventh and Eight Doctors histories.

LiKral

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
They could do a The Six Doctors special with the later Doctors: Peter Davisson, Colin
Baker, SylvesterMcCoy, Paul McCann, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennent.

Could fill in some of the gaps in the Seventh and Eight Doctors histories.
Silly idea. If you watched Dr Who Confidential, you would notice just how much the actors have aged.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
glass said:
Another little niggle that noone has mentioned yet is: how did the chain get stronger, just because it was attached to a bigger truck? :confused:

I noticed that too! Must be a curious property of matter.

WizarDru

Adventurer
I thought it was an Awesome episode, and a great ending to the season. I thought it had some good emotional points and still maintained the level of fun throughout the series. Jack's probably was changed, but Christopher Ecclestone's ending wasn't tacked on or changed...it was revealed that he'd only been signed for a single season, and they knew that from the very beginning. The only thing that went wrong was that the BBC wasn't supposed to reveal that information so early. Which is a pity, as I really liked Christopher Ecclestone...but I'll give Trenant the chance to win me over. His one minute in 'Parting' was a good start.

As for humanity in the 14,000 year...remember that this is Dr. Who, for a start: projecting realistic futuristic or alien civilazations has never been a strong point, or even a goal. Of course, if you follow Dr. Who continuity, then the Earth has been through a LOT. Conquered several times, abandoned during the Solar Flares problem, subjugated repeatedly....it's a wonder mankind got anywhere at all, frankly. :)

The Daleks were redesigned, btw, just incrementally. The basic design is the same, but the middle swivel part was new, iirc. The chain WAS silly.

If there is a quibble to be had, it's the same one that I've had throughout the show, which is that understanding the Time War is kind of confusing. Did the Daleks all travel from every point in time to the final battle, or what? Mind you, if the Emperor Dalek managed to escape, then that opens the door for others to have escaped, including other Time Lords.

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
That would make an interesting story arc for the second season. The doctor reasons that if 2 daleks escaped destruction then perhaps other time lords have and so travels from planet to planet following clues that point to their existence. The season could end with him finding the last few time lords, or even the Master.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
LiKral said:
Silly idea. If you watched Dr Who Confidential, you would notice just how much the actors have aged.
Silly logic. I have been watching Confidental. This is Doctor Who. It's never been
a problem before. Patrick Troughton in all the specials? He's positively ancient in
The Five Doctors.

MonsterMash

First Post
LiKral said:
Except for Peter Davidson who hasn't aged that much really.

I think I like Nicola Bryant (Peri) even more now than I did when she was young, but I'm funny like that!

Hedrin

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
Patrick Troughton in all the specials? He's positively ancient in
The Five Doctors.

He's even worse a few years later in The Two Doctors with Colin Baker, and Frasier Hines in his kilt.... ewwwww!

I think I could handle most of the still living doctors except the aforementioned Colin Baker. I downloaded a bit of him from "The Weakest Link". Curious how these tie in with the current show.... Anyway! In the full body shots, you can see him even better than in the confidentials. He is very "rolly-polly" to put it kindly. Old, I can suspend my disbelief, but way out of shape? I cannot. Don't know why, I've always liked CB as the Doctor and in other stuff I've seen him in.

Anyway I loved the ending (I'm also the fiance that Sniffles mentions in her review. Dear, you weren't supposed to tell ABOUT THAT!). Although I was disapointed that it wasn't Davros.

Davros could still be out there somewhere. Plotting the next generation of Daleks! We may not have seen the last of them after all.

Oh, and I think it was the car that broke first, not the chain!

Hedrin

S'mon

Legend
MonsterMash said:
Except for Peter Davidson who hasn't aged that much really.

I think I like Nicola Bryant (Peri) even more now than I did when she was young, but I'm funny like that!

I am also funny like that. :cool:

Cthulhudrew

First Post
glass said:
Another little niggle that noone has mentioned yet is: how did the chain get stronger, just because it was attached to a bigger truck? :confused:

Good point- I hadn't thought of that. Hmm... since we know that the TARDIS is at least partially sentient, perhaps it was not that the truck/chain was stronger or pulling harder, but simply that the TARDIS recognized an increasing persistence in the people trying to open it, and so gave it to see what they wanted?

Remove ads