Votes: 1 2.5%

Votes: 2 5.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

merztrumpet

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
Good point- I hadn't thought of that. Hmm... since we know that the TARDIS is at least partially sentient, perhaps it was not that the truck/chain was stronger or pulling harder, but simply that the TARDIS recognized an increasing persistence in the people trying to open it, and so gave it to see what they wanted?
Peter Davidson could probably pull off the Doctor if he wore a wig. Baker and McCoy look nothing like they used to and I think would be unable to do it.

glass

(he, him)
Cthulhudrew said:
Good point- I hadn't thought of that. Hmm... since we know that the TARDIS is at least partially sentient, perhaps it was not that the truck/chain was stronger or pulling harder, but simply that the TARDIS recognized an increasing persistence in the people trying to open it, and so gave it to see what they wanted?

Good point. I like the idea of TARDIS letting them open it a lot better than them forcing it open with brute force.

glass.

Hawklord

First Post
MonsterMash said:
I have to admit I was a bit disappointed by the ending - too much of a deux ex machina.

Got to agree with MonsterMash here, I though the first half of this episode was brilliant, the second half absolutely naff !!!:\

On reflection I think this was the poorest episode in what has been a superb( or should that be "fantastic" ?) return for the Doctor.

Remathilis

Legend
Good episode, not my all time favorite of the season though.

I heard the ending was reshot later to include Tennant, but the general story was kept the same. Jack's Ressurection might have been added too.

Anyway, bring on Christmas (and thank god for CBC television in Detroit. American TV is Soooo lame...)

sniffles

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:

Clever thought! It's about time a companion was able to actually do something with the TARDIS, rather than always getting locked out.

@Remathilis - at least you can get CBC!! I have to rely on some kind souls in the UK to post it to the web! (thanks to someone in Wales, whoever you are, who has made it possible for me to see the series right away instead of having to wait months or years for it to get to the US)

DarkSoldier

First Post
glass said:
Another little niggle that noone has mentioned yet is: how did the chain get stronger, just because it was attached to a bigger truck? :confused:
Personally, I was waiting for the chain to snap and take out Rose's mum.

Remove ads