• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rathan's Problem Down Under [3.5 OOC/Recruiting One More: Need Arcane Type]

Rathan

First Post
well you as a earth elemental have never had trouble passing even through most metals at least in their raw form.... this though does not seem to be earthen in nature though.... if you were to have encountered any force effects this would definitely a good example of one.. I mean it IS a kings resting place after all... you're almost assuredly going to run into some reasonably powerful magics here..... as I said in the post you can glide about 3 or so feet past the dirt ground before hitting the 'force effect' that stops you.... the mound doesn't seem at first to be that big which leads you to believe there is more underground here than meets the eye.... after all from your companions dealings with King Rakas' history it's assumed he was well revered and likely has a nice and well laid out monument within these grounds....

As you get head further down the dome of the mound you can glide further and further into the ground giving the the distinct impression that whatever 'force effect' is protecting this place is ovular in shape.... if searching the entire grounds thoroughly above and below you would estimate this ovular shape to be about... 260 feet long.... and about 80 wide..... and another 80 deep.....the mound seems to be encompass only the top portion of this ovular shape really deeming a staircase is the most likely means to lower you into the tomb probably just past said magical round door....

unleashed

First Post
(You would still need a Knowledge Local check though a little lower with this information... DC 16 to tell the orgin of the 'dark elf' species and any more information on it's weakness' and strengths..)

Well, since Eltyr is untrained in Knowledge (local) he can only learn what is common knowledge (DC 10 or lower), so he won't be able to make such a check.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
What kind of person one needs to be to open the door? If Berrek can divine that and none of the party fits the description (I'm guessing Anton could) Berrek may attempt UMD check if we realy want to enter...

Also, did Berrek find anything of interest around the barrow?

Rathan

First Post
If anton or eltyr shares the information about the auras around the door you suspect anyone of evil alignment or intent would set off the trap.... that's how traps of this nature seem to work at least in my world heh.... and no the burrows search doesn't turn up anything despite higher rools for search, listen and spot..

Rathan

First Post
sorry yes..... Anton would definately feel the 'goodness' radiating from the door weather he had detect magic going or not if he moved to inspect it....... with his tuned nature to good and being a cleric of a good god and all.. Anton gets the distinct impression he would be perfectly fine if he were to touch the door to the tomb.....

unleashed

First Post
I'm finding playing to me more chore than joy currently, so rather than bring the game down with lack of interest or inattention from me, I've decided to remove myself from the game instead. I hope this doesn't cause you too much trouble, as while this isn't exactly a good time to leave the game, I feel it's better for me to leave now, rather than delay things until we're at a point where a character leaving is a bigger problem.

Have fun everyone and good gaming. :)

Remove ads