Rathunt [Knight Otu judging]

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

(It is B-o-r-k-e-l :mad:, poor dwarf, he has enough problems as it is, can he get some respect ? :) )

Borkel is hesitant. The creature in front of him is frankly scary, and he is not sure that he can stand one on one against it for very long. The thing moves so swiftly, and the tentacles and fangs bring back memories of childhood nightmares in Borkel. But when he hears Eddy shout "Stay strong, Borkel, we're coming!", resolve is injected into his system. He closes his eyes for a second to invoke Sela's help and protection, and then charges.

(I am not sure of the setup of this combat. Is the creature on the floor or on the wall or on crates? Assuming Borkel can reach it, he uses a charge action and attempts a grapple. However, he almost trips on a small box on the floor and completely misses his attack touch attack 6, 8 with the charge bonus
Borkel has his dodge bonus against the creature (and has -2 to his AC if he charges).

If he can't reach the creature, he stays behind cover to avoid being ranged attacked and looks around to make up a good group tactic)

Gray Shade

First Post
I have a plan (sorta) but I'm not sure where we're at in the round, where the creature is physically, or if I can talk to Borkel before he goes . . . oh, Krug, your players are excited to be here, but lost without you! ;)

Krug

Newshound
Sorry guys a client called and kaboom... I'll resolve this round and we'll see how it turns out

Eddy rips the shield out of the hands of the surprised Bru. He looks at the beast and mumbles, "Rrrright. I'm gonna need that back." He then takes his shield away from the stunned Bru and with a pat on his shoulder adds, "just stay here. If that thing kills us, run. Otherwise just stay put, and you'll be fine." Bru mutters "Yeah go kill it, and charge Gogsmol extra for it!"

Borkel is hesitant. The creature in front of him is frankly scary, and he is not sure that he can stand one on one against it for very long. The thing moves so swiftly, and the tentacles and fangs bring back memories of childhood nightmares in Borkel. But when he hears Eddy shout "Stay strong, Borkel, we're coming!", resolve is injected into his system. He closes his eyes for a second to invoke Sela's help and protection, and then charges. However, he trips on a small box, though not quite landing face flat, and his attack misses the creature.

"Don't know, but it's uglier than the ugliest orc I've ever seen," Tumna says, a shiver running down her spine. "And trust me, sweety, I've seen my share of orcs."
With her sunrod held high, Tumna dashes towards the monstrosity and the brave monk. As she gets closer, she brings on intense focus and releases her mind against the creature, an audible slap sounding over it.

Saving Throw: 2, complete failure

Tumna feels her mind pounding into the beast. It lets out a whine of utter pain as it spasms around wildly, feeling violence like never before. Its tentacles grab its head. Blood spurts from its nose. It lets out a whiny scream.

The creature lashes out at Borkel with both tentacles, striking with one. It tries to constrict the monk, closing its tentacles around the monk's neck...

Grapple check: Borkel, make a roll. The creature rolls 8. The grapple does not provoke an AoO.

Sorry for getting the name wrong again. :p In terms of location, Borkel is next to it to the W, Tumna is 15' away to the SE, Eddy is 20' away to the SE.

Creature pic:
MM35_PG35a.jpg

ChefOrc

First Post

grapple 17

Borkel easily defeats both of the creature's attacks with impressive technique, which gives him a strong dose of confidence. He defiantly shouts at the creature while fighting off tentacles:

"You have chosen the wrong dwarf to fight with.... ugh .... junior champion grappler at the monastery ...ugh ...3 years in a row"

Gray Shade

First Post
That thing's fast! Eddy thinks. It's doing a good job of getting after Borkel. Have to revert to Plan B: Get 'im!

Eddy has just time to say, "Nice job, Tumna, it's reeling!" before: shield in one hand, mace in the other, Eddy charges at the beast aiming for a space that is as close to the opposite side of it from Borkel as he can get. However, in his rush he bangs his shin on a crate and ends up stumbling up next to the beast, rather than actually hitting it. "Ow. Dang. Borkel, stop letting it mate with you and get around it so we can flank the beast!"

Charge attack to-hit: 8 :(

OOC: Heh heh, a Monastic Dwarf Wrestler . . . nice! :cool:

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Borkel easily defeats both of the creature's attacks with impressive technique, which gives him a strong dose of confidence. He defiantly shouts at the creature while fighting off tentacles:

"You have chosen the wrong dwarf to fight with.... ugh .... junior champion grappler at the monastery ...ugh ...3 years in a row"

Ok state actions for the next round.. Eddy has already stated his.

Eddy has just time to say, "Nice job, Tumna, it's reeling!" before: shield in one hand, mace in the other, Eddy charges at the beast aiming for a space that is as close to the opposite side of it from Borkel as he can get. However, in his rush he bangs his shin on a crate and ends up stumbling up next to the beast, rather than actually hitting it. "Ow. Dang. Borkel, stop letting it mate with you and get around it so we can flank the beast!"

Waiting for Borkel's and Tumna's actions for the round...

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Didn't like that, did you, ugly?" the telepath mocks their adversary as she lashes again at it with her mind.

OoC: Mind Thrust, damage 8, Will DC 14 negates. 4PP left.

ChefOrc

First Post

Borkel listens to Eddy's suggestion and moves around the beast to get a strategic position. He then keeps trying to grapple it. Just before he could do so, one of the creature's tentacles brushes against Borkel's eye, causing him to abort his attack in a defensive reflex.

(Borkel makes a 5' step to get to a flanking position. He then makes a touch attack
automatic failure !!!)

Remove ads